Premium Member
join:2001-04-25
Chicago, IL

jsinaiko to Nuckfuts

Premium Member

to Nuckfuts

Re: BEARS

Good analysis.

Where are all the friggin Bears fans who were casing on Cutler after the GB playoff game last year?

This guy is the best QB on this team since Sid Luckman - seriously. McMahon was a real winner and was also very good but he didn't have the arm this guy has, and he had trouble staying on the field.

Nuckfuts
Premium Member
join:2003-10-18
Joliet, IL

Nuckfuts

Premium Member

Cutler did not have the 85 Bears Defense either, lol. Any QB might have won the SB that year with that D. Look at the 2000 Ravens and their QB Dilfer.

pr1mo
Premium Member
join:2003-11-12
Chicago, IL

pr1mo to Jon5

Premium Member

to Jon5
Cutler is nothing short of phenomenal. IMO, his accuracy is close to Tom Brady (not too close) when he has time to throw/think. He is one of the toughest QBs I've ever watched play the game. When talking about the Bears negatively, Cutler should not be mentioned.

Nuckfuts
Premium Member
Joliet, IL

Nuckfuts

Premium Member

The guy takes a beating in 2010 and is sacked the most in the NFL and after that Giants game I do not blame him for being shaky in that pocket, gets hurt in the NFC Championship game while taking a beating and gets criticized to death. Still taking a beating this year and showing some poise and attitude towards Martz. What is this guy suppose to do? And still does not have decent receivers, though Bennett will be back soon. I know Bennett is no speedster but for some reason this guy knows how to get open alot for Jay. If Rodgers took half the beating Jay does he would be at home sucking his thumb crying. He is one tough SOB.

sleuth3
Premium Member
join:2001-08-30
West Des Moines, IA

sleuth3 to Jon5

Premium Member

to Jon5
You know it was only in 2009-2010 season the GB packers had one of the worst OL in the NFL. At one point they lead the NFL in sacks allowed.

You guys are being far too generous of Cutler. While others are overly critical. At Cutler's best he only threw for 62% completion in Denver. While not horrible it's not great either. You can see it at times when our OL does actually give him time and he over throws, or throws behind the intended receiver. There's a reason he's compared to Brett Favre all the time and it's not for there accuracy. They have big arms, throw off the back foot and make a lot of errant throws.

Nuckfuts
Premium Member
Joliet, IL

Nuckfuts

Premium Member

We are being to generous because of his situation and look at our past QB's. GB also had way better receivers even though their OL was bad but not as bad as ours.

Jon5
Premium Member
join:2001-01-20
Lisle, IL

Jon5 to sleuth3

Premium Member

to sleuth3
said by sleuth3:

You can see it at times when our OL does actually give him time and he over throws, or throws behind the intended receiver.

Comp % and INTs doesn't always show the whole picture though. There's blown routs, dropped passes, tipped passes that get picked etc.
Just like the W/L stats for pitchers. IMO they unfairly get losses or NDs more often then they should.

Can't find it but Cutler said in an interview he has a hard time keeping his eyes down field because he always waiting for the hit to come. Something to that effect. I thought he looked pretty damn good last week. 62% would probably be the best we've had here in some time.

Here's the top 10, and Jay
PLAYER / PCT
Aaron Rodgers 70.3
Drew Brees 68.6
Tom Brady 67.5
Philip Rivers 67.2
Matt Cassel 66.4
Ryan Fitzpatrick 66.3
Tony Romo 65.3
Matt Hasselbeck 64.6
Eli Manning 63.8
Alex Smith 63.3

Jay Cutler 60.0

jsinaiko
Premium Member
Chicago, IL

jsinaiko to sleuth3

Premium Member

to sleuth3
The guy has no O line,. no A-1 receivers, and a goofy offensive coordinator. It's amazing he's doing as well as he is.

Plus, he's had no decent coaching since he got to the NFL, excepting a couple of seasons with Shanahan in Denver. So how is he supposed to get better.

Which brings up another issue with the Bears - the inability of the coaches to coach these guys up - they don't seem to improve much. I believe it's a mix of awful drafting by Angelo, and bad position coaches.

Nuckfuts
Premium Member
Joliet, IL

Nuckfuts

Premium Member

Well, that is what happens when you have a former defensive coordinator as head coach (look at our D in '05, '06) and a GM who built a D in Tampa and won a SB. Tampa's O was not that great but good enough with that D to win one SB. Our shot was in '06. Too bad BAD coaching and bad picks had Grossman as are starter. They finally get a decent QB and now look at the latter. Defense is getting old and predictable, OL suxs. They need someone (Head Coach & GM) who wants to build around Cutler & Forte IMO. Not gonna happen with the starters we have on both sides of the ball right now.

gdm
MVM
join:2001-06-15
Mchenry, IL

gdm to Jon5

MVM

to Jon5
Let's look at the stats by the week and I think we all know without looking what the last 2 weeks have done. If they can give him protection I'd like to see what the next 11 games would be. He could put up some really good numbers!

Nuckfuts
Premium Member
Joliet, IL

Nuckfuts

Premium Member

Amazing he managed the stats he did against the Lions.

gdm
MVM
Mchenry, IL

gdm

MVM

He was playing the type of ball like he did in college. He's not a pocket quaterback at least not 100% of the time. He's much better when he can move around.

kcazzie
One Of Jerry's Kids
Premium Member
join:2000-08-13
Morton Grove, IL

kcazzie to Jon5

Premium Member

to Jon5
Remember they can make Forte their Franchise Player and he's not going anywhere... But I don't think many free agents would like to come here too...!!...

They left a lot points on the field yesterday... They will not beat any good teams... Stupid blocks in the back, can't score from the 4 yd line and many more...

jsinaiko
Premium Member
Chicago, IL

jsinaiko

Premium Member

They are part of the blob that represents the majority of NFL teams - mediocre and in the middle of the pack.

The Bucs beat the Saints - a good team - and lost to the Bears, a mediocre team. And the Bears will beat good teams and lose to mediocre teams and vice versa.

Welcome to parity.

bakalao2k
Premium Member
join:2001-03-20
Chicago, IL

bakalao2k

Premium Member

said by jsinaiko:

They are part of the blob that represents the majority of NFL teams - mediocre and in the middle of the pack.

The Bucs beat the Saints - a good team - and lost to the Bears, a mediocre team. And the Bears will beat good teams and lose to mediocre teams and vice versa.

Welcome to parity.

The parity you speak of happened with the Falcons Lions game. The Bears beat the Falcons and the Falcons gave Detroit their second straight loss. Wouldn't be nice if the Bronco's pulled an upset over the Lions?

insomniac
Oh Yeah
Premium Member
join:2002-09-22
Naperville, IL

insomniac

Premium Member

All I know is: somebody needs to beat the damn Packers already.

sleuth3
Premium Member
West Des Moines, IA

sleuth3

Premium Member

said by insomniac:

All I know is: somebody needs to beat the damn Packers already.

I don't know why, but I just hate Aaron Rodgers. I don't know the guy but I just absolutely despise him. Maybe it's because he's corralling women like Erin Andrews or super models. Or is it his giant, arrogant ego that's inside his big head? Then again, he backs it with his game. Or is it because he's a Packer.

I can't exactly pinpoint it...

Nuckfuts
Premium Member
Joliet, IL

Nuckfuts to insomniac

Premium Member

to insomniac
And put Rodgers out for the season. The guy is on fire.

VegasMan
Living the Vegas life.
Premium Member
join:2002-11-17
Las Vegas, NV

VegasMan to Jon5

Premium Member

to Jon5
Gruden needs to wipe his chin. He has some Vick jiz all over it.

Warzau
Premium Member
join:2000-10-26
Naperville, IL

Warzau

Premium Member

I thought I was the only one who noticed

VegasMan
Living the Vegas life.
Premium Member
Las Vegas, NV

VegasMan to Jon5

Premium Member

to Jon5
just felt another quake just before the fumble TD.

sleuth3
Premium Member
West Des Moines, IA

sleuth3 to Jon5

Premium Member

to Jon5
Roy is earning his paycheck!

VegasMan
Living the Vegas life.
Premium Member
Las Vegas, NV

VegasMan to Jon5

Premium Member

to Jon5
That has to be the best the O line has looked in years.

Warzau
Premium Member
Naperville, IL

Warzau

Premium Member

I know, I keep on waiting for 6 get to get sackededed. I HOPE they keep on playing like this, and those fumbles were flukes .

Jon5
Premium Member
Lisle, IL

Jon5

Premium Member

Other then a few big runs by philly and those fumbles, they looked great last night. They have the Eagles number for some reason.

jsinaiko
Premium Member
Chicago, IL

jsinaiko

Premium Member

Best game of the season so far. Why do they have so much trouble early in the season? Like the Sox, they are very slow out of the gate, and there has to be a reason or reasons for that.

Warzau
Premium Member
Naperville, IL

Warzau

Premium Member

I just hope just like the Sox this won't be a winning streak and then they fall apart near the end of the season.

gdm
MVM
Mchenry, IL

gdm to Jon5

MVM

to Jon5
I think if the Bears can stay healthy and keep the sack count very low on Cutler they could have a nice little run the rest of the season. The one thing that can't happen is Martz not running the ball they still need to run the ball.

Honestly at the end of the season Roy Williams needs to go. Not worth the money and is to inconsistent.

Warzau
Premium Member
Naperville, IL

Warzau

Premium Member

How many balls did he drop, yesterday? 2 or 3?

Jon5
Premium Member
Lisle, IL

Jon5 to gdm

Premium Member

to gdm
In between the lions and packers games they have 5 games they really should be able to win. Would be better if they could take one from the lions next weekend though.