sounds like Orton will be taking a trip to KC

good luck to him, because that team sucks

sleuth3
Premium Member
join:2001-08-30
West Des Moines, IA

sleuth3

Premium Member

Good for him, too bad for us. I just looked up our most recent depth chart. We have Josh McCown as the backup to Hanie and Nathan Enderle (who?) as the third string.

None of those QB's look like they can go 4-2 or 3-3 to get us into the playoffs. I guess Orton surprised us all those years ago. C'mon Hanie!!

Nuckfuts
Premium Member
join:2003-10-18
Joliet, IL

Nuckfuts

Premium Member

Orton did not surprise us years ago, we had a great defense in '05-'06, a good running game and good special teams. All he did was manage the game and eliminated mistakes. I would not mind him as a back-up but he is not anything special. I would not feel too good getting benched for the joke Teebow myself.

sleuth3
Premium Member
West Des Moines, IA

sleuth3

Premium Member

said by Nuckfuts:

Orton did not surprise us years ago, we had a great defense in '05-'06, a good running game and good special teams. All he did was manage the game and eliminated mistakes. I would not mind him as a back-up but he is not anything special. I would not feel too good getting benched for the joke Teebow myself.

Well isn't that the point of a young QB? Manage the game is priority #1 and get the team the win (Tim Tebow). You can put up amazing stats (Cam Newton) and still lose all those games and it's meaningless.

We don't need someone special. Otherwise we'd be paying $10 million /year. We need someone like you think is unspecial, get us wins and manage the game.

We'll see what Hanie can do.

BTW, Orton would have only cost about $2 million since the Bronco's would be liable for most of his remaining pay. So there's really no great option available at that price.
sleuth3

sleuth3 to Jon5

Premium Member

to Jon5
How bad is it fellas? I'm at the a family members house, and we don't get this game televised. We have the Broncos vs. Chargers, wtf?

I only see the box score and game by game updates. Think we have a shot at the playoffs with Hanie?

jsinaiko
Premium Member
join:2001-04-25
Chicago, IL

jsinaiko

Premium Member

This was going to be a difficult game. The win would have been nice because it would have virtually assured a playoff berth. My guess is that at home against a lousy KC team The Bears will win and Hanie will gain a lot of confidence. He made rookie mistakes, but that was expected. This was a difficult game against an on-the-rise Oakland team at their house - a nasty house for visitors. So it isn't really a bad loss. At 7 - 4the Bears are in OK shape.

Warzau
Premium Member
join:2000-10-26
Naperville, IL

Warzau to sleuth3

Premium Member

to sleuth3
What he said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^.

hambonepat
join:2003-05-06
Chicago, IL

hambonepat to Jon5

to Jon5
Big loss. No margin for error now. 4 games left and 1 is vs. pack. 10 wins should be a lock to get in, 9 is a crap shoot.

insomniac
Oh Yeah
Premium Member
join:2002-09-22
Naperville, IL

insomniac

Premium Member

5 games left, actually: Chiefs, Broncos, Seahawks, Packers, Vikings. We're gonna need every chance we can get.

»www.chicagobears.com/tea ··· ule.html

hambonepat
join:2003-05-06
Chicago, IL

hambonepat

My error, Bears need to go 3 and 2.

Jon5
Premium Member
join:2001-01-20
Lisle, IL

Jon5

Premium Member

Damn Raiders were everywhere. Looked like they had 20 guys on the field.

Nuckfuts
Premium Member
join:2003-10-18
Joliet, IL

Nuckfuts

Premium Member

He made the common mistakes of a first time starter and faired ok in a very hostile environment. Bears were rushing very well and I still cannot understand why Martz calls a blind screen in the red zone when you are running so well. The D kept us in the game even with all those picks but ran out of gas at the end giving up a crucial 3rd down pass on our end. What I am getting tired of is bad penalty calls by refs. Lance Louis did not horse collar tackle on the pick. Hopefully the Bears can muster a 4-1 or 3-2 record to finish or there will be no playoffs. Only time will tell.

jsinaiko
Premium Member
Chicago, IL

jsinaiko

Premium Member

Good analysis Futs.

Jon5
Premium Member
Lisle, IL

Jon5

Premium Member

SHIT!

Bink63
Namedrop THIS
Premium Member
join:2002-10-06
Everywhere

Bink63

Premium Member

said by Jon5:

SHIT!

Indeed, losing Forte is a very bad thing.

Edit: Peppers is in the training room being checked out too now

VegasMan
Living the Vegas life.
Premium Member
join:2002-11-17
Las Vegas, NV

VegasMan to Jon5

Premium Member

to Jon5
No QB or RB. About to lose to KC.
2+ months till sping training.

pr1mo
Premium Member
join:2003-11-12
Chicago, IL

pr1mo to Jon5

Premium Member

to Jon5
This is looking pretty bad.

Jon5
Premium Member
Lisle, IL

Jon5

Premium Member

They just look flat. That hail mary war a joke.

sleuth3
Premium Member
West Des Moines, IA

sleuth3 to Jon5

Premium Member

to Jon5
My friends thought I was dumb to worry about this game. Chiefs actually have good D, against our lousy O with a crappy QB. Now no Forte... awesome...

We face Denver's pass rush next week. Season's not looking good.

Warzau
Premium Member
Naperville, IL

Warzau to Jon5

Premium Member

to Jon5
WOW is all I have to say, if we lose against the Chiefs....WOW

Jon5
Premium Member
Lisle, IL

Jon5

Premium Member

Why can't williams catch a f*cking pass?

sleuth3
Premium Member
West Des Moines, IA

sleuth3 to Jon5

Premium Member

to Jon5
I knew I should have picked up the Chiefs D for my Fantasy Football team. Darnit!
Parneli
join:2004-12-28
Naperville, IL

Parneli to VegasMan

to VegasMan
said by VegasMan:

2+ months till sping training.

Mmmmmkay. So about the 2012 season....

jester121
Premium Member
join:2003-08-09
Lake Zurich, IL

jester121

Premium Member

Hanie is who we thought he was.

Bad.

Warzau
Premium Member
Naperville, IL

Warzau to Jon5

Premium Member

to Jon5
I don't know. I have the same look on my face as your avatar.

ILpt4U
Premium Member
join:2006-11-12
Saint Louis, MO

ILpt4U to Jon5

Premium Member

to Jon5
If there is a bright side here, the Falcons lost as well, and the Lions should lose tonight, so no ground in the Wild Card has been lost yet

jsinaiko
Premium Member
Chicago, IL

jsinaiko to Jon5

Premium Member

to Jon5
Just got back. Yikes! Reminded me of my youth watching Bobby Douglass. Except that team had Butkus and Wally Chambers and Virgil (One Nut) Livers.

One of the worst games I have ever seen, live or on the tube. Man!

ILpt4U
Premium Member
join:2006-11-12
Saint Louis, MO

ILpt4U to Jon5

Premium Member

to Jon5
Hope in Denver against Tebow and Company?

Jon5
Premium Member
Lisle, IL

Jon5

Premium Member

They just looked uninspired. I don't think Hanie is that bad. The guy has only played like 9 quarters in 3 years. Though it's a bad time for him to have to take a few games to get into a rhythm.

7 sacks didn't help either.

jsinaiko
Premium Member
Chicago, IL

jsinaiko

Premium Member

Maybe he look not-so-bad on TV but at the game he looked awful. Missed open guys, ran into about three of those sacks, couldn't throw anywhere near any of our receivers till that drive in the 4th (as the guy in front of me said, Roy Williams needs to get burned at the stake!). Marion Barber looked OK, Knox got open a few times - Hanie just couln't hit him till late in the game.

I defended Hanie last week but he looked totally clueless today. D was OK - gave up 10 points, which gives any team a chance to win.