share rss forum feed

gdm
Premium,MVM
join:2001-06-15
Mchenry, IL
kudos:3
reply to VegasMan

Re: BEARS

This is just pathetic. Why in the hell would you being in cutler to get another sack at the end. This is going to be a long season. TE not blocking, dropped balls and the list keeps going.

Nuckfuts
Premium
join:2003-10-18
Joliet, IL
Receivers who do not how to get open when their O line is pathetic. Cutler won't last another season like this. Poor performance overall. Got our hopes up last week for nothing. How can you play so good then so bad. Gonna be a long season. Packers will eat us alive with and O line playing like last year and a D playing 10-20 yard zone on 3rd and 4. Rodgers will cut us apart. Not feeling to good about next week. Sorry, but Jerry Angelo needs to go. He did nothing for this O line.

sleuth
Premium
join:2001-08-30
West Des Moines, IA
reply to Jon
I say trade Hester. The guy is a nonfactor outside of the return game, where kick returns is basically obsolete.

He can't play CB, his natural position back in college, and he's not worth anything at WR. Guy has a $40 million contract, a lot of it involves incentives but I believe $20 million guarantee *gasp*. Use this buster as trade bait and see if we can get some talent on the D, OL or CB.

cubs4eva
Premium
join:2004-04-29
Aurora, IL
That money basically makes Hester impossible to trade. With Carini hurt, this is the same O-Line as last year. The Bears have to run the ball more. When you run like 3 times in the second half and the D can key up on Cutler, it's over.

Jon
Premium
join:2001-01-20
Lisle, IL
reply to Jon
I agree that outside of special teams, Hester isn't really worth much. This was the saints though. A much better team then the Falcons IMO.

And the Bears can't run the ball, at least, effectively with the OL they have. IMO the OL is their issue. On the rare occasion they can actually block, we make big plays. Until they fix this problem, nothing will change on the offensive side.

sleuth
Premium
West Des Moines, IA
reply to Jon
Anyone know where I can watch the games stream live?

Jon
Premium
Lisle, IL
I did at one time. Last time I visited it all that was there was a notice that the site had been seized lol. Pretty sure you can watch them on nfl.com but have to pay for that.

sleuth
Premium
West Des Moines, IA
said by Jon:

I did at one time. Last time I visited it all that was there was a notice that the site had been seized lol. Pretty sure you can watch them on nfl.com but have to pay for that.

I only saw options for Audio Pass and Game Rewind (recordings of the Live games). Additionally Sunday Ticket, but I can't really rationalize paying all that money for every single game. Not really a selling point for me. I just want to make sure I get all the Bears games. They should provide an a la carte option.

Jon
Premium
Lisle, IL
You can try here
»forum.wiziwig.eu/forums/32-NFL-CFL-AFL

I've seen it before but never tried it.

Warzau
Premium
join:2000-10-26
Naperville, IL
kudos:1
reply to Jon
Another shitty game, nice overthrown balls, bad OL, terrible pass protection, SSDD.

Bink63
Namedrop THIS
Premium
join:2002-10-06
Everywhere
Crappy officiating too!

Giant Sucking Sound from Soldier Field continues...

Warzau
Premium
join:2000-10-26
Naperville, IL
kudos:1
Yeah forgot about that Pass Interference.

Bink63
Namedrop THIS
Premium
join:2002-10-06
Everywhere
I was Tweeting with Dez Clark, he thinks the OL is doing a good job when it comes to protecting the passing game, not so much on the run.

Edit to fix Dez' last name, duh me.

sleuth
Premium
West Des Moines, IA
said by Bink63:

I was Tweeting with Dez Clark, he thinks the OL is doing a good job when it comes to protecting the passing game, not so much on the run.

Yea I think the pass protection was pretty good this game. Actually great. First half didn't they only have 2 knockdowns on Cutler? Having a terribly sporatic, inconsistent QB is another story. Him making incredibly inaccurate throws was not due to the OL or pressure, at least not this game.

Run blocking is a different story. This year/last year we've been struggling to develop a good run game under Martz.

gdm
Premium,MVM
Mchenry, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
It's not just Cutler some of the receivers aren't coming back to him for the ball. Other times the pocket was closing and he didn't get rid of the ball. The line well 1 person on the line kept having false starts. It doesn't help when you throw punches right in front of a ref either.

I will say the refs had a few bad calls in this game. Especially that Knox touchdown at the end.

sleuth
Premium
West Des Moines, IA
said by gdm:

It's not just Cutler some of the receivers aren't coming back to him for the ball. Other times the pocket was closing and he didn't get rid of the ball. The line well 1 person on the line kept having false starts. It doesn't help when you throw punches right in front of a ref either.

I will say the refs had a few bad calls in this game. Especially that Knox touchdown at the end.

It's also definitely the receivers. We have a ridiculously less than mediocre receiving core. However, we cannot place blame squarely on them. It's not their fault the ball is overthrown or behind them when they're actually open. If you go back and watch yesterdays game, there are about 8 of those throws that was all on Cutler. Of course the pocket is collapsing, it's always collapsing. This isn't a 4on4 pickup game with your friends. 54% completion percentage after 3 games is pretty abysmal. He looks like a first year rookie out there.

gdm
Premium,MVM
Mchenry, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
Honestly I don't blame in a 100%. Get his ass handed to him in Game 2 I'm sure he's in hurry mode because of the line. Plus nothing happening with the running game is putting more pressure on the line and the passing game.

Angelo needs to be canned along with most of the coaching staff. Martz thinking he'll get the Bears to the days of the Rams isn't going to happen.

Nuckfuts
Premium
Joliet, IL
said by gdm:

Honestly I don't blame in a 100%. Get his ass handed to him in Game 2 I'm sure he's in hurry mode because of the line. Plus nothing happening with the running game is putting more pressure on the line and the passing game.

Angelo needs to be canned along with most of the coaching staff. Martz thinking he'll get the Bears to the days of the Rams isn't going to happen.

Agreed 100%. The Oline pass protected alot better but there run blocking is abysmal. Martz is an idiot, Lovie is an idiot for thinking Martz could make this happen with no talent, and Angelo is the biggest idiot of the bunch. Cutler would do so much better with an Oline, some decent receivers, and a running game. A wasted talent he will end up here in Chicago.

gdm
Premium,MVM
Mchenry, IL
Exactly Cutler has his faults but also has potential to be a really good QB. I won't say great QB because he hasn't had the chance to show us anything with decent coaching/personal on a consistent basis.

jsinaiko
Premium
join:2001-04-25
Chicago, IL
reply to Jon
These are systemic problems that go all the way to the top. Lovie Smith is a good coach and he was able to mask a lot of these issues after he got Martz under control in the second half of the 2010 season.

Cutler is also fine - best Bears QB since Sid Luckman. But he hears footsteps, and sees huge shadows looming over his blind side while in the pocket, and has crappy - really crappy - receivers, and an Offensive Coordinator who is an ideologue when it comes to plotting offensive schemes and is willing to get his QB killed by rushing a total of 23 times in 8 quarters. Martz is a disaster.

Then we have Angelo. He drafts a high-end offensive lineman and the guy gets hurt. The previous offensive lineman he drafted - Chris Williams - looks close to being a bust. He lost an aging but still durable center and didn't really replace him. And his solution to the wide-out issue? Roy Williams? Really?

Injuries are a problem, but never an excuse. I think the Bears situation now highlights Smith as a pretty damn good coach, even if we don't like his sanguine public attitude. The problems are below him (bad players, bad assistants) and above him (Angelo and the Halas-McCaskey family).
--
Illegitimati non carborundum

S_engineer
Premium
join:2007-05-16
Chicago, IL
I think you have to throw him into the mix as well, just for the fact that all of the other idiots have been placed there to deflect blame from Smith.
The only excuse that LOvie can take to the bank is that Angelo sucks....I mean he really sucks. But season after season this seems to be the product that the McCaskeys want to give us.
My problem with Smith is that he should have been screaming about the personnel that he needs...Oline, Cornerbacks, Wide-outs, etc...etc...but I don't think he does. Judging by his demeaner on the sidelines...he just takes what he gets. And what you see is the result.
--
"Thanks for the dance... and cut yourself a slice'a throat! "
- Curly (HOI POLLOI, 1935)

jsinaiko
Premium
Chicago, IL
I think he screams - but football coaches don't do that stuff in public - they don't do ANYTHING meaningful in public.

And he knows the limitations of his personnel and his offensive staff. The D isn't so bad - they have given up 57 points in 8 quarters against two of the most potent offenses in the NFL. And the 3-and-outs and turnover helped create that situation - the defense is on the field the whole damn game.

Martz is a real problem - it's clear that he isn't using the talent well, and notwithstanding a really lousy offensive line, his system doesn't seem to be fooling too many defenses, and with all the new rules slanted to help the passing game it really doesn't seem to be effective.

So I think Lovie is OK, and in fact has done more than could be expected with a mightily dysfunctional organization.
--

sleuth
Premium
West Des Moines, IA
reply to sleuth
said by sleuth:

I say trade Hester. The guy is a nonfactor outside of the return game, where kick returns is basically obsolete.

Boy he's really making me eat my words right now.

jsinaiko
Premium
Chicago, IL
This is a crappy team - the Bears ought to be able to do this to them. It's the division that really matters; can we neat the Lions right now? The Vikings?
--

sleuth
Premium
West Des Moines, IA
said by jsinaiko:

This is a crappy team - the Bears ought to be able to do this to them. It's the division that really matters; can we neat the Lions right now? The Vikings?

I'm not aware, does CAR have one of the worst special teams or something?

jsinaiko
Premium
Chicago, IL
Second tier all the way round except for Newton. Fact that it is a one-point game right now is scary. Shaky gameplan by Martz. They should have more points now. As it is they are not beating the spread (Bears -7).
--

jsinaiko
Premium
Chicago, IL
reply to Jon
My Dad died this afternoon. He was very ill and we all knoew his passing was imminent. But I SWEAR the actual cause of death was him watching the Bears defensive line today.
--

Nuckfuts
Premium
Joliet, IL
So, what do you guys think are chances are Monday night. Is Lovie gonna fall on his face like usual? Thoughts.....

Jon
Premium
Lisle, IL
Ugh! The Bears have always been awful on Monday night games. I holding on to hope but I think they're gonna get their ass kicked.

I hope I'm wrong!

jsinaiko
Premium
Chicago, IL
Magatron will destroy them. Lions giving 6.
--