Namedrop THIS
Premium Member
join:2002-10-06
Everywhere

Bink63 to Jon5

Premium Member

to Jon5

Re: BEARS

Wow, hate much on a kid that demonstrates his faith? Tebow is a decent kid and is leading his team, the way it should be.

sleuth3
Premium Member
join:2001-08-30
West Des Moines, IA

sleuth3

Premium Member

said by Bink63:

Wow, hate much on a kid that demonstrates his faith? Tebow is a decent kid and is leading his team, the way it should be.

No, they should have lost and it wasn't Tebow's doing. Two bad luck plays in a row, from the same player. There is a God, and he's a Bronco's fan...

Nuckfuts
Premium Member
join:2003-10-18
Joliet, IL

Nuckfuts to sleuth3

Premium Member

to sleuth3
said by sleuth3:

We got Tebowned. Maybe there actually is a god and he's football bias.

We were not Tebowed, we were Barbered. Sorry, but he essentially lost the game at the end for us. The season is over, rest Cutler and Forte for next year. And maybe look into getting a better back-up QB. The only problem going into next season is this D is getting old. i do not know how much more they can hold this team in games. The way the Packers are playing no one is gonna go thru Lambeau in the playoffs and beat this offense anyway.

gdm
MVM
join:2001-06-15
Mchenry, IL

gdm

MVM

Exactly at this point do not bring Cutler or Forte back. No point finish out the season as evaluating the players. They need a better backup QB and will need to bring in some younger D. That's what they should focus on in the off season player wise.

Now if the reports of Angelou going are correct my guess is Martz is gone as well. The question is finding the right GM and OC to rebuild this franchise.

jsinaiko
Premium Member
join:2001-04-25
Chicago, IL

jsinaiko to Jon5

Premium Member

to Jon5
I'm done.

jay608
Going Nucking Futs
join:2007-01-22
Homewood, IL

jay608

Looking at spring training tickets yet jsinaiko See Profile?

jsinaiko
Premium Member
Chicago, IL

jsinaiko

Premium Member

I wish - for the weather! But I'm pissed off at the Sox too. Go Bulls!

Nuckfuts
Premium Member
Joliet, IL

Nuckfuts to gdm

Premium Member

to gdm
Last I heard Martz said he was staying put but who knows the way guys drop like flies in today's professional sports.

aight
join:2001-12-18
Lafox, IL

aight to sleuth3

to sleuth3
said by sleuth3:

We got Tebowned. Maybe there actually is a god and he's football bias.

Correction! We got TEBONED on both ends.

GO HAWKS! GO BULLS!

sleuth3
Premium Member
West Des Moines, IA

sleuth3 to Jon5

Premium Member

to Jon5
Sam Hurd busted for trying to expand his drug distribution ring... wtf...

»sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blo ··· -wp13964

Nuckfuts
Premium Member
Joliet, IL

Nuckfuts

Premium Member

He sucked at football but his ass is gonna get good getting plugged by bubba, lol. What an idiot!!!! Rot in prison!!! I guess 5 million/yr in salary is not enough.

insomniac
Oh Yeah
Premium Member
join:2002-09-22
Naperville, IL

insomniac

Premium Member

Not defending the guy at all, and I'm really disappointed to hear about this - but he was not making $5M/year. »espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/ ··· -charges
Hurd signed a three-year deal on July 30 that included a signing bonus of $1.3 million and will pay him base salaries of $685,000 in 2011, $865,000 in 2012, and $1 million in 2013.

jsinaiko
Premium Member
Chicago, IL

jsinaiko

Premium Member

Apparently they were moving $700K or product per week. Woot!

Jon5
Premium Member
join:2001-01-20
Lisle, IL

Jon5 to insomniac

Premium Member

to insomniac
said by insomniac:

Hurd signed a three-year deal on July 30 that included a signing bonus of $1.3 million and will pay him base salaries of $685,000 in 2011, $865,000 in 2012, and $1 million in 2013.

In three years he'll make more money than most people will make from a lifetime of working. What and idiot.

Warzau
Premium Member
join:2000-10-26
Naperville, IL

Warzau to insomniac

Premium Member

to insomniac
sheesh I'd be happy to make 600k a year.

sleuth3
Premium Member
West Des Moines, IA

sleuth3 to Jon5

Premium Member

to Jon5
The money he made from the Cowboys and Bears combined would accumulate in interest around $100k /year. That's nice! Could have just lived off that. Knowing him, he probably spent it all like most athletes and resorted to this?

Nuckfuts
Premium Member
Joliet, IL

Nuckfuts to insomniac

Premium Member

to insomniac
said by insomniac:

Not defending the guy at all, and I'm really disappointed to hear about this - but he was not making $5M/year. »espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/ ··· -charges

Yahoo sports said he signed a 3yr/5.1 million dollar contract so I was wrong on the per year. Does not matter, all of us here would take his salary and not deal drugs like this idiot.

»sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blo ··· -wp13964

Warzau
Premium Member
Naperville, IL

Warzau

Premium Member

Really how many of use grew up dreaming about being on a NFL team, while playing pee-wee or HS Football. This moron gets this chance, not the first or the last one and throws it in the garbage. While putting up a front of doing good things for the community. Hypocrite.

Jon5
Premium Member
Lisle, IL

Jon5

Premium Member

• By the time they have been retired for two years, 78% of former NFL players have gone bankrupt or are under financial stress because of joblessness or divorce.

• Within five years of retirement, an estimated 60% of former NBA players are broke.

This actually makes me angry. I know it's not really the same but it kind of is. Just shows how incredibly stupid most of these people are. Some of these guys, especially the in NBA can make tens or even hundreds of millions over their career.

Warzau
Premium Member
Naperville, IL

Warzau

Premium Member

Shit take ten mil and stick it into a interest bearing account and don't touch it simple. Or if stocks if they really want to gamble, better than wasting on parties or entourage who will only hang out with you while you have money.

sleuth3
Premium Member
West Des Moines, IA

sleuth3 to Jon5

Premium Member

to Jon5
I know Dana White and the UFC set aside time every year to educate the fighters on proper money management.

Why can't the NBA or NFL do the same? I know they initially do it when they introduce the rookies to the league, but that's it.

Just uneducated fools from uneducated areas thrown millions of dollars and only know to spend it foolishly. It's very upsetting.

Jon5
Premium Member
Lisle, IL

Jon5

Premium Member

I'm a little more surprised by the NFL percentage then the NBA. Only because you have to do at least 2 years of college before you can enter the draft. I know a lot of them probably breeze through without actually learning anything. But their not drafting and throwing millions at 16/17 year-olds like the NBA does.

Maybe the NBA needs to change it's drafting rules and colleges need to require anyone on a sports scholarship to take a finance class.

The last investment firm my wife was at had a few Cubs as clients. One of them was Felix Pie. Other then sending a check to their parents in the Dominican every month, they never touched their money. It amazes me that some kid from a 3rd world counrty who may or may not have ever been to school could be smarter than the kids they draft from American colleges and High Schools.

jsinaiko
Premium Member
Chicago, IL

jsinaiko to Warzau

Premium Member

to Warzau
The NFL, MLB, NBA, etc. all have seminars and counseling around money and saving, investing, not being stupid, etc. But these are - as the cliche goes - DUMB JOCKS. Not all of them are like that.

My Brother is an actor. He talks about actors who take a role in a sitcom for a year or two and parlay that into a retirement fund and a nice life without all the stupid Hollywood bullshit. Others want that lifestyle and burn through it. The actors who are smart can do the roles they want to - the idiots end up doing ads or infomercials or whatever. At least they can work into their 40s.

Pro athletes tend to be pampered. In baseball the Latin guys who often grew up really really poor tend to sock it away. In the NBA and NFL the phony "amateur" status the college jocks have is detrimental to their ability to figure it out. They are given everything, have to work for nothing except their football or basketball skills, and think it'll last forever even though it's clear that they are all a torn ACL away from being broke.

Finally there is the posse issue. Derrick Rose is smart - he isn't letting the idiots from his old hood screw him up - but that's one reason why teams are reluctant to draft hometown guys - the posse. Think about Eddy Curry when he was with the Bulls. These are 21 (or younger) year old kids.. What would you have done with $5 million when you were 20? I'd like to believe I would be responsible, but who knows?

Finally, these guys often have extended families to support. And they are given a guilt-trip like you wouldn't believe. Often they blow it on their own family, which is the right thing to do but you have to be smart and prudent, something these guys tend not to be.

Jon5
Premium Member
Lisle, IL

Jon5

Premium Member

What a frigg'n joke.

Bink63
Namedrop THIS
Premium Member
join:2002-10-06
Everywhere

Bink63

Premium Member

I kept hoping in the 4th that they'd cut away to the Packers getting their asses kicked.

jsinaiko
Premium Member
Chicago, IL

jsinaiko to Jon5

Premium Member

to Jon5
Bulls in one week!!

Nuckfuts
Premium Member
Joliet, IL

Nuckfuts

Premium Member

Geez, I thought they were gonna struggle without Cutler & Forte but that was one of the ugliest second half's I have ever seen all though all I could do was laugh because it was such a joke. Nice back-up QB's we have. Nice team unity and spirit. You can see it in the way they move, etc., this team is done. Poor Urlacher is never gonna get a SB ring with this joke of a coaching staff. I hope Martz does leave. I think we can find a better Offensive Coordinator than this guy.

Warzau
Premium Member
Naperville, IL

Warzau to Jon5

Premium Member

to Jon5
no comment at all.

insomniac
Oh Yeah
Premium Member
join:2002-09-22
Naperville, IL

insomniac to Jon5

Premium Member

to Jon5
Pitchers and catchers report in 61 days.

Warzau
Premium Member
Naperville, IL

Warzau to Jon5

Premium Member

to Jon5
OUCH!!! I hope he recovers 100%