spc
Search similar:

uniqs
ElAguila
join:2002-08-22
San Antonio, TX

ElAguila

[TWC] Docsis 3 with Netgear N600

I am trying to help out my brother. He just upgraded his roadrunner and they installed a Ubee doscis 3 modem/router. He has been having a lot of issues with wifi dropping connections. He did a little research and decided he wants to disable the router on the Ubee device and use a netgear n600 dual band router that he has. He is not sure of himself and has asked me to do this for him. I read a few posts here and I know that I need to change the mode to bridged on the Ubee device and then plug the cable from the netgear wan port to port 1 on the Ubee. After changing the Ubee to bridged mode should I power it off and then plug in the netgear and the power it on then power on the netgear router or does matter?

CptGemini
Inside your computer
Premium Member
join:2004-11-29
Corpus Christi, TX

CptGemini

Premium Member

Yea in most cases after you switch it to bridge mode you will need to power cycle it so your own router will pull an IP. This I learned from personal experience. To be safe be sure the wireless is disabled on it before switching to bridge mode because if the first device to connect to the ubee is a wireless device then thats all that will be able to connect without a hard reset and starting all over.