Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Ncguy

join:2011-07-12
Greensboro, NC
reply to Ncguy

Re: Time Warner Ubee Modem Problems!

I guess while I'm here I'll mention another very strange problem I had after the UBEE was installed. I appeared to be having DNS issues with certain sites being not found but to my knowledge the DNS servers in the router were the same TW servers as before the new UBEE. This site (dslreports) was one that seemed to be blocked. I noticed that you couldnt change the DNS servers in the UBEE so I changed it on the pc to the google DNS servers and the problem went away.

Can anyone shed light on this?

Beachie
Stranded in paradise

join:2001-07-12
St. Pete, FL
kudos:2
There was a short-lived issue with DSLR yesterday that occured probably about that same time you posted you couldn't reach this site.
--
2012 Republican National Convention in Tampa: Where Hypocrisy Meets Humidity

Ncguy

join:2011-07-12
Greensboro, NC
said by Beachie:

There was a short-lived issue with DSLR yesterday that occured probably about that same time you posted you couldn't reach this site.

Wow. That must have been quite a coincidence but I think you're right. I just tried it on another pc that still had the TW DNS and I could access the site. Thanks for that!

MyDogHsFleas
Premium
join:2007-08-15
Austin, TX
kudos:5
I have never seen a post on DSLR claiming something was "blocked" by their ISP, that turned out to be something actually being blocked. I'm sure there are a couple, but the vast, vast majority are due to other issues.

ChillyCat6

join:2004-09-07
Chesterland, OH
kudos:1
said by MyDogHsFleas:

but the vast, vast majority are due to other issues.

ABSOLUTLY correct.