Now all they have to do is buy Sprint.

and its over for the iDevices

Gbcue
Premium
join:2001-09-30
Santa Rosa, CA
kudos:8

1 recommendation

Re: Now all they have to do is buy Sprint.

Nah, they should buy T-Mobile, the original, first, Android partner.
--
My Blog 2.2

fifty nine

join:2002-09-25
Sussex, NJ
kudos:2

said by Gbcue:

Nah, they should buy T-Mobile, the original, first, Android partner.

Back when nobody knew about Android?
iansltx

join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX
AT&T offered $38B for them. That's a bit much even for Google. Sprint's market cap on the other hand is just over $10B right now. Google could buy Sprint for one-third of what AT&T will pay for T-Mobile, leaving plenty of money to build out LTE.
sonicmerlin

join:2009-05-24
Cleveland, OH
kudos:1

said by iansltx:

AT&T offered $38B for them. That's a bit much even for Google. Sprint's market cap on the other hand is just over $10B right now. Google could buy Sprint for one-third of what AT&T will pay for T-Mobile, leaving plenty of money to build out LTE.

I think if DIDO pans out Google will build wireless networks in virtually every major city.

Gbcue
Premium
join:2001-09-30
Santa Rosa, CA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse

said by sonicmerlin:

said by iansltx:

I think if DIDO pans out Google will build wireless networks in virtually every major city.

What's DIDO?
--
My Blog 2.2

Alcohol
Premium
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI
kudos:4
said by iansltx:

It would never get FCC approval. Google doesn't have the lobbying power like AT&T.
--
I found the key to success but somebody changed the lock.
iansltx

join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX

Google doesn't compete with Verizon, AT&T or T-Mobile now. Google buying Sprint wouldn't decrease competition. What's the problem?

Alcohol
Premium
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI
kudos:4

said by iansltx:

Google doesn't compete with Verizon, AT&T or T-Mobile now. Google buying Sprint wouldn't decrease competition. What's the problem?

Because government officials are morons. They're going to make a case that Google will only have android devices on Sprint (which wouldn't be the case).
--
I found the key to success but somebody changed the lock.

mmay149q
Premium
join:2009-03-05
Dallas, TX
kudos:48
Or maybe they should buy T-Mobile and Sprint to compete against Verizon and AT&T, you really think we'd have caps and overages if Google was a wireless provider? To be honest though I'm curious as to why Google has wireless spectrum, unless they plan on building out a small cell network for testing purposes, which is likely.

Matt
--
I am no longer an AT&T Employee. Check out my kudos! »/profile/1626573
Have U-verse questions? Please email uversecare@att.com and they will assist you!!