jgkolt
Premium Member
join:2004-02-21
Avon, OH

jgkolt

Premium Member

asop, google tv, patents

First and foremost this is for patents.

Next if the new google phones like nexus s are motorola without blur and rapid os updates, then that is awesome.

more inroads with set top boxes and google tv. How cool would att uverse be with google tv instead of microsofts os.
rradina
join:2000-08-08
Chesterfield, MO

rradina

Re: asop, google tv, patents

What's wrong with the MS interface and why would Google's be superior? I've never had U-Verse so that's the context of my question.

Gbcue
Premium Member
join:2001-09-30
Santa Rosa, CA

Gbcue to jgkolt

Premium Member

to jgkolt
I very much like MS' STB interface. It could be a bit faster, but the GUI is nice. Better than other companies' I've seen (Charter, Comcast), but not as fast as Dish's.

Link Logger
MVM
join:2001-03-29
Calgary, AB

Link Logger to jgkolt

MVM

to jgkolt
said by jgkolt:

First and foremost this is for patents.

I would agree this is purely about patents and I think its goofy that to avoid stupid patent infringement cases paying 12.5 Billion makes sense. Time for the patent office to go as I'm very much a supporter of patent protection of an expression of an idea, but patent protection of a very vague idea is just wrong.

I'd bet that Google has already explained the purpose of the acquisition to other hardware vendors.

Look for other acquisitions for this purpose in the never ending patent arms race (seriously stupid).

Blake