This is a sub-selection from Wonderful news

openbox9
Premium
join:2004-01-26
japan
kudos:2
reply to jgkolt

Re: Wonderful news

Yes. Seems a lot of people don't understand what Motorola did when it split itself in two.

MMI PR

said by MMI PR :

Motorola Mobility is comprised of two industry-leading global technology businesses. The Mobile Devices business is an innovative provider of smartphone devices designed to fit every lifestyle. In 2010, the Mobile Devices business launched 23 smartphones globally, including the highly successful family of DROID™ by Motorola devices as well as BRAVO™, DEFY™, FLIPSIDE™, MILESTONE™ and others. The Home business is one of the largest providers of digital set-top boxes and end-to-end video solutions. Motorola Mobility will leverage the capabilities of both the Mobile Devices and Home businesses to deliver innovative smartphones, tablets, set-tops and other converged devices – as well as content delivery and management, and interactive cloud-based services to consumers in the home and on the go.

Alcohol
Premium
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Comcast

said by openbox9:

Yes. Seems a lot of people don't understand what Motorola did when it split itself in two.

MMI PR

said by MMI PR :

Motorola Mobility is comprised of two industry-leading global technology businesses. The Mobile Devices business is an innovative provider of smartphone devices designed to fit every lifestyle. In 2010, the Mobile Devices business launched 23 smartphones globally, including the highly successful family of DROID™ by Motorola devices as well as BRAVO™, DEFY™, FLIPSIDE™, MILESTONE™ and others. The Home business is one of the largest providers of digital set-top boxes and end-to-end video solutions. Motorola Mobility will leverage the capabilities of both the Mobile Devices and Home businesses to deliver innovative smartphones, tablets, set-tops and other converged devices – as well as content delivery and management, and interactive cloud-based services to consumers in the home and on the go.

Google TV just stepped up in google to do list.

I've used google TV and it's pretty boss, but it needs to be integrated into the cable/sat box at an affordable manner. This is a good move from google. Not only are they going to be able to make profitable smart phones, they're going to be getting into the TV business.
--
I found the key to success but somebody changed the lock.

openbox9
Premium
join:2004-01-26
japan
kudos:2

We'll see. Google was already working to redeem its TV failure. I'm sure Google will take advantage of including its advertising, I just don't think it will be that well received by the cable companies. I do agree with your assertion that Google's platform needs to be integrated to remotely have a chance at relevancy.