spc
uniqs

PatPatate
join:2008-02-10
Sainte-Julie, QC

PatPatate to mau108

to mau108

Re: Outbound calls show number as 15142285030

I've got exactly the same problem, with the same wrong caller ID number.

Contacted tech support and this is what they told me too... use premium.

I understand Value plan may have this kind of problems -from time to time-, but it happened a lot in the last few days. I have been with voip.ms since february, and it never happened once before. There must be something wrong somewhere. Maybe not with VoIP.ms, but something changedé

The strange thing is that it seems to be only with my Videotron cell phone. If I call my Bell cellphone it works... or maybe it was only luck.

What kind of phones were you calling when it happened?

EvilWrong
join:2009-11-17
Laval, QC

EvilWrong

apen when i call friend with videotron land line.. and if i try on my Rogers cell always work but like you say maybe is luck.. but look like we have all the same problem starting to apen more now then couple week a go. maybe some phone land company starting to discover a lot a people going to voip let make ther life harder ?

sorry for my poor english..

PatPatate
join:2008-02-10
Sainte-Julie, QC

1 edit

PatPatate

said by EvilWrong:

apen when i call friend with videotron land line.. and if i try on my Rogers cell always work but like you say maybe is luck.. but look like we have all the same problem starting to apen more now then couple week a go. maybe some phone land company starting to discover a lot a people going to voip let make ther life harder ?

So, you too seem to have this problem only with Videotron. That may be our problem.

Mau108, who were you calling when the caller ID was wrong? I believe 1-514-228-5030 may be a number belonging to Videotron.

The support guy I talked too eplained me that when the phone company cannot receive the caller ID for whatever reason they may replace the number by a "default" number to make sure the call still goes through.

samehere
@teksavvy.com

samehere

Anon

same problem here....never happened before on the value route until recently....I do not want to pay extra for premium especially since this has been working fine before.