Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

CTMustang
Premium
join:2007-09-10
France

Weird website activity...

isitdownforeveryone is reporting that www.supernews.com is UP, yet I can't get to it on OOL. I've changed my DNS and it still doesn't see it.

What's up with that!

Parth

join:2010-08-16
Poughkeepsie, NY

1 edit

Works for me.

Coolguy2

@optonline.net

I am getting terrible packet loss to gameservers in NJ and cannot connect to Steam...but http seems ok.

sjanofsky

join:2006-09-25
Stamford, CT

I'm not able to get into xbox live and certain websites are not loading at all

Parth

Poughkeepsie, NY
reply to Coolguy2

I just was able to login to Steam, granted it did take much longer than usual. I'm not going to play any games right now though.

Actually I just remembered that not an hour ago, I was having trouble staying signed into Windows Live Messenger. It would keep disconnecting for unknown reasons. Maybe this is why.

Coolguy2

@optonline.net

People in Connecticut are having issues, myself included. Can't watch 360p you tube videos without pauses.

diesel2k2

join:2004-10-20
Stamford, CT

Only getting 2.4Mbps download, but 7.85Mbps upload. Been having problems for over an hour. This is on Boost Plus......

Parth

Poughkeepsie, NY

I can't even load the flash applet on speedtest.net.

EDIT: Finally

And I'm on Boost Plus.

JohnILM
Mayhem til the AM
Premium
join:2003-03-15
Tuckahoe, NY

said by Parth:

I can't even load the flash applet on speedtest.net.

Me neither (in Bronxville) .... I was getting around 3Mbps/8Mbps up/down earlier (on Boost+), but now it's not doing anything.

Although I just did it and could load it and got this:

Ugh!

Chriz704

join:2010-06-02
Bronx, NY
reply to CTMustang

I have the same issues as you, aim.com does not work, aventalearning.com does not work and so as www.animeshippuuden.com/watch these are a few site I was pinging and found out about these issues. This is a optimum problem and not ours. I contacted support but they want me to reboot my modem in order to escalate the issue to higher engineers, I disagreed because the issue will fix itself after a few hours this ain't the first time this has occurred. Have a great day guys and sorry for my hasty post, there must be a ton of errors lol. Sorry.

--
Chris

PrettiNerdi

@optonline.net
reply to sjanofsky

Can't connect to xbox live and websites take forever to load.

BonkersNY

@optonline.net
reply to CTMustang

said by CTMustang:

isitdownforeveryone is reporting that www.supernews.com is UP, yet I can't get to it on OOL. I've changed my DNS and it still doesn't see it.

What's up with that!

Very slow download here now and some sites take more than one try to even load. Upload speed seems fine.
This is on Boost+.
Last Result:
Download Speed: 3027 kbps (378.4 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 8090 kbps (1011.3 KB/sec transfer rate)

Parth

Poughkeepsie, NY
reply to Parth

Seems to be better now. Maybe it was just maintenance or something.

snsr

join:2008-05-29

2 edits
reply to CTMustang

Netflix, xbox live have been unreachable for me on Ultra all evening. HTTP has been working as normal - protocol dependent filtering?

Dorris

@mindspring.com

still down even now?

Chriz704

join:2010-06-02
Bronx, NY
reply to CTMustang

Still down as of 3:56AM

CTMustang
Premium
France

1 edit
reply to CTMustang

yes it's still down! bummer, I download a radio show off supernews and go for runs/mow the lawn/etc... what is goin on here!
no Facebook as well (not a big deal, just sayin)
Boost + as well

SHoTTa35

@optonline.net

Well I got an (automated) phone call last week friday saying they were gonna be doing work in my area and to visit:

»www.optimum.net/support/network

It doesn't give specifics but i didn't experience any outages over the weekend (modem hasn't rebooted yet) so I dunno if they did it yet or just starting now.

As for the OP, using BOOL at work and it works fine for that site and all the normal ones I visit.

frdrizzt

join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

1 edit
reply to CTMustang

Cablevision is working on resolving the issue. You could contact them with a traceroute & the affected site to have the specific case escalated.

To run a traceroute:
start > run (or "search programs" box) > type cmd
type: tracert www.sitename.com

if on a mac, go to the HD > Applications > Utilities > Terminal
type: traceroute www.sitename.com

edit: They no longer need any examples.

max pl

join:2009-03-22
Hyde Park, NY

i'm definitely getting some weird site loading issues today. i think it started last night though...

Flogger

join:2009-01-26
New York, NY
reply to CTMustang

Same issues here. I'm unable to get to many websites, CNN, Yahoo, Facebook, Apple, MacRumors. There's something majorly wrong going on.

CTMustang
Premium
France
reply to CTMustang

yeah, add slickdeals.net to the "half working" websites.

Flogger

New York, NY
reply to CTMustang

Add dslreports.com to the list.

aguy

@optonline.net

What a disaster. Is anyone @ OOL even aware of or working on this problem?

Flogger

New York, NY
reply to CTMustang

I was on hold for over an hour and hung up. It's pathetic.

max pl

join:2009-03-22
Hyde Park, NY
reply to CTMustang

yeh i tried connecting to a chat session but it timed out on me.

unidan

join:2011-08-17
White Plains, NY
reply to CTMustang

Same here. I thought it was just all european addresses, but now I can connect to some UK sites, but not others. I can get on my friend's teamspeak box in london but not the BBC website.

SHoTTa35

@optonline.net

Click for full size
Have about 10 systems here at a work with a 2 OOL modems and a DUAL-WAN router and definitely getting loading issues. Did some CNN or Yahoo or Neowin.net and other tech places and they stall out. Was trying to read a story from Chicagotribune and that just stalled out on me.

Boss just called me as he was trying to go to Connecticut Post's site and it just timed out there.

Faceless

@optonline.net
reply to Coolguy2

8-17-2011
For me in CT I can only advance a couple of pages before things stall. Particularly dynamic pages. Yahoo is not letting me advance as well as Facebook.

frdrizzt

join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY
kudos:1
reply to CTMustang

CV doesn't need any more examples at this time, so you don't need to report it to them if that was the only reason for your call.