how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

tawkmis

join:2011-08-17
Seattle, WA

Hoping to re-purpose Qwest/Moto 3347

I have a Motorola 3347-02-100Q from previous DSL service with Qwest. My current home network is a cable modem connected to a wireless router serving wired and wireless devices around the house. I'm wondering if it's possible for the Moto 3347 to wirelessly join my existing WiFi network. The hopeful purpose of connecting this DSL modem to the network would be to either use it as a WiFi repeater or act as a wired access point to the WiFi network. My impression is that this is not possible. Any thoughts? Thanks,

bikenski

join:2010-06-22
Denver, CO
I'm not sure there's a way to use it as a wireless repeater/bridge, but you should definitely be able to use it as a wired access point for your existing network. While not specific to the 3347, the concepts are covered in this article:

»www.smallnetbuilder.com/wireless···ss-point

wayjac
Premium,MVM
join:2001-12-22
Indy
kudos:1
reply to tawkmis
Here a faq that explains how to "re-purpose" the 3347 as a accesspoint

Using a Wireless Router as an Access Point

tawkmis

join:2011-08-17
Seattle, WA
Thank you bikenski and wayjac. That's exactly what I needed. I have an old airport express that could not join my current WiFi network, which has WPA2 security. Now the 3347 is providing a second WiFi access point with WPA security and express joins there just fine. Streaming music to the other end of house now. Thanks a lot.