spc
Search similar:

uniqs
grrovemonkey
join:2011-08-17
Albany, GA

grrovemonkey

[GA] Mediacom internet slooow

I didn't really notice until yesterday that my internet speed were getting very slow, but today it has become EMBARRASSINGLY slow. even to the point that a low quality youtube video would pause to buffer a few seconds in, and loading a picture woudl timeout repeatedly. If i try to stream netflix, it would literally take a minute to load Facebook.

i live in south ga, anyone else aorund here experiencing this?

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

I apologize for the slow speeds there. If you want to PM me your phone number or account number, I'll be happy to check your connection out.
grrovemonkey
Albany, GA

grrovemonkey

still getting slow connectivity. i had even went so far to remove the splitter so the only connection it to the modem. rebooted both that and the router and still get slow load speeds.

thedragonmas
Premium Member
join:2007-12-28
Albany, GA
Netgear R6300 v2
ARRIS SB6180

thedragonmas

Premium Member

speed test? signales from the modem? »Connection issue? Information you need before posting.

im over on gillionville and im getting

(im throughly surprised by that download, holy cow) we really need info to diagnose.

p.s. send MediacomChad See Profile your info, hes extreamly help full in getting things done.
grrovemonkey
Albany, GA

grrovemonkey

its been like this for some time now, and i live off gillionville. also, ive been communicating with Chad on the issue. i even went so far as to reboot both the router and the modem and removed the split so the floor line goes straight into the modem and say an improvement for about 3 minutes.

grrovemonkey

grrovemonkey

so the tech came out today. the general consensus was that having a 3-way splitter hooked up in my living room was a bad idea and the absolute cause of the slowness, despite the fact that splitter has been there since college bowl season last year and there was no drop in internet speed. after a couple immediate tweaks my speedtest.net results were averaging above 11.0 mb/s, while the download never broke 1.0 mb/s. we added only a dual splitter, tested and results were about the same. that was at about 4pm.

now, 9:30, speeds have noticeably dropped. even after removing the split altogether these are the results i get using speedtest.net at different sites.

connorsilenc
join:2011-09-03
Midland, GA

connorsilenc

Just like to add I live in Columbus and have been experiencing painstakingly slow internet,especially in times after 10 PM EST,I literally have to wait 3-4 minutes for something to load,then it will pick speed back up,then go back to a snails pace,it does this all night until morning pretty much.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

connorsilenc,

Send me your telephone# or MAC and I can take a look
POLARIS PRO
join:2011-11-30

POLARIS PRO to grrovemonkey

to grrovemonkey
I am having the same problem. I have called Mediacom multiple times and they keep asking me to reset my modem and router. It does not matter if I go through my router or directly through the modem. I cannot even play xbox live right now because of the lag. They sent me to a "special" IS department who logged onto my computer and checked my settings and router. Everything is fine, I know the problem is the bandwidth. I have found out that between the hours of 1pm and midnight I cannot download any faster than 3mb/sec. If I am not testing during those hours I average about 10-11mb/sec. I pay for 12mb/sec and this is frustrating.

They told me they have "escalated the information" and they know it is an internal problem. The sad thing is they said it would most likely be a month or two before it is fixed.

I wish there were more broadband options in my area because I am so frustrated with Mediacom. I only wish that they provided the service that I am paying my hard earned money for.

Any recommendations???

lhollow
join:2010-12-02
IL

lhollow

The usual: PM MediacomChad with your account #. He may be able to get you a bit more information.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad to POLARIS PRO

Premium Member

to POLARIS PRO
I'd love to help and see what can be done for you if you want to send me your telephone# or MAC address
rmatt86
join:2003-12-03

rmatt86 to grrovemonkey

to grrovemonkey
Question for both of you, do you guys have any issues with your cable television?

Example:

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· auiZTq0o

Also, thedragonmas, your upload speeds should be double if not triple the rate they are at. online max should be over 2MB/s upload.

lhollow
join:2010-12-02
IL

lhollow

A little tiling / pixelation and the pauses/skipping? I've seen that when I had signal problems. I did have some tiling with a good signal on one of my receivers but not on the other.

Boss302_1970
join:2009-12-11

Boss302_1970 to rmatt86

to rmatt86
that looks pretty bad to me
POLARIS PRO

1 edit

POLARIS PRO to MediacomChad

to MediacomChad

I spoke with Mediacom again (4-5 time) and they told me that they have to split the network in our area, because there are too many customers linked together.

I cannot even play on xbox live because my speeds are too slow in the evenings and on the weekends.

Why to they allow new customers to sign up for service when they cannot even provide the service to the customers they already have (who have been paying their hard-earned money for a long time????????????????

chaddz3
@mchsi.com

chaddz3

Anon

Dude, you really need to PM those to him, you never want to post that information publicly on the forum. That is a serious security risk to your deal there. Please go back and edit that info out for your own safety...
POLARIS PRO

POLARIS PRO to grrovemonkey

to grrovemonkey
Sorry, new here. Thanks Moderator.

waterfowler
@mchsi.com

waterfowler

Anon

2.3mbs,3.3mbs,6.91mbs,3.0mbs8.4,5mbs.3mbs9.2mbs,5.74mbs,11.5mbs,11.51mbs these are the high speed internet connections from different speed test companys .seems like i should only pay half of my bill since im getting half the :high speed connection;,,,,,,,,Benton,ky
sparksflyonu
join:2012-01-06

sparksflyonu to grrovemonkey

to grrovemonkey
thank god i am not the only one to have this problem in Albany I have also contacted mediacom and they try to say its a connectivity issue from my modem to my computer. it happens every couple of months and they send a signal to the modem and sees that it is connected, but they dont take into account that it is not slow ALL of the time just lags out
Tch65
join:2012-02-09

Tch65 to grrovemonkey

to grrovemonkey
I've ran into this on service calls before with out knowing signals, try taking the router out of the picture. I've had calls where the download was less than half of what the cust. had. Turned out the router was the issue. One other was the modem itself. Go straight from the modem to the computer. I use speakeasy for the speed test and ping Chicago. Also check or replace the ethernet cable.
zstoja3
join:2012-02-28

zstoja3 to grrovemonkey

to grrovemonkey
I have the same problem in Americs, GA. Every evening it is almost useless.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

zstoja,

If you want to send me your telephone# or MAC address I can take a closer look at what is going on. I know we are doing some node moves in Americus but to get a better idea of what is happening on your direct connection I would need to take a closer look.