spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Os
join:2011-01-26
US

Os

More Abuse from the Cell Phone Companies

I'm really about to here with these guys. I've recently learned that with US Cellular (My provider for the last 5 years) that if you go over 5GB, you get to pay the bargain price of .25 a MB! How nice of them to cap overages at $200 extra a month. So now 5.8 GB of data costs $230.

It's not a problem with a Blackberry, but why then would I want an Android on your worthless network? Bye bye USCC, time to go to a prepaid dumbphone.

The wireless companies are the devil, and there's only one way to teach them a lesson. Cut their services out of our lives.

swintec
Premium Member
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME

swintec

Premium Member

said by Os:

I'm really about to here with these guys. I've recently learned that with US Cellular (My provider for the last 5 years) that if you go over 5GB, you get to pay the bargain price of .25 a MB! How nice of them to cap overages at $200 extra a month. So now 5.8 GB of data costs $230.

I am helping my GF shop for a new cell phone plan and US Cellular was one we were looking at. It says on there plans that overages are capped at $50.....are you on an old plan that possibly does not have the capped overages? There pricing looks really good....she will never come close to 5 GBs though.
Os
join:2011-01-26
US

Os

No, this is from their website last night. Their old plans (before the "Belief Project") had unlimited data. Then they started having with those "Data Plus" which had 5GB which appeared to be a soft cap at first. Now it's this.

Perhaps they're different in other more competitive regions. Here in MD, their overage limit is now $200. They're essentially charging $250 a GB, which makes AT&T and Verizon look like saints.