Albany, GA
Netgear R6300 v2
ARRIS SB6180

thedragonmas to cramer

Premium Member

to cramer

Re: at least add free incoming.

said by cramer:

Then you aren't an AT&T customer. If you are receiving texts, you're paying for them. Any plan without text messaging will not be able to send or receive texts AT ALL -- they simply disappear. (and it's been like that for some time now.) Up 'til this week maybe, AT&T had "no text" plans.

i got news for ya, ive had att for going on 4 years, and i didnt start out with a text "plan" guess what? it was charged "per use" you know, like 411, but i guess if you dont have a 411 plan you cant use 411 right? sorry but txt was $0.20 and MMS was $0.35 each, with out a "plan" only way they just "vanished" was if you had it blocked, or they screwed up on provisiong and blocked it (course, if you never used it, thats not a bad screw up)
cramer
Premium Member
join:2007-04-10
Raleigh, NC
Westell 6100
Cisco PIX 501

cramer

Premium Member

The way the plans have been for several years now, you can opt for no text messaging (no charges), per-use (sent and received), bundled ($5/200, later $10/1000), and unlimited ($20). Whatever plan you had remained active until you touched the wrong thing / walked past an AT&T store / etc.

I, and several of my friends, know too well what happens when AT&T removes SMS from your cellphone. (In fact, Rob ran into this very thing yesterday when upgrading his phone -- and the AT&T store minion lied about the available plans, shocking I know; there is a smartphone 200 SMS plan (as of this afternoon anyway).)

thedragonmas
Premium Member
join:2007-12-28
Albany, GA
Netgear R6300 v2
ARRIS SB6180

thedragonmas

Premium Member

said by cramer:

The way the plans have been for several years now, you can opt for no text messaging (no charges), per-use (sent and received), bundled ($5/200, later $10/1000), and unlimited ($20). Whatever plan you had remained active until you touched the wrong thing / walked past an AT&T store / etc.

I, and several of my friends, know too well what happens when AT&T removes SMS from your cellphone. (In fact, Rob ran into this very thing yesterday when upgrading his phone -- and the AT&T store minion lied about the available plans, shocking I know; there is a smartphone 200 SMS plan (as of this afternoon anyway).)

thats my point, "per use" is automatic. unless you specifically "demand" to have it blocked. and yeah it seems that any time i make the slightest little change they screw up the txt messaging and i call and it "wasnt provisioned correctly, sorry sir", very annoying.
LinuxNinja
join:2001-04-19
Kennesaw, GA

LinuxNinja to thedragonmas

to thedragonmas
said by thedragonmas:

said by cramer:

Then you aren't an AT&T customer. If you are receiving texts, you're paying for them. Any plan without text messaging will not be able to send or receive texts AT ALL -- they simply disappear. (and it's been like that for some time now.) Up 'til this week maybe, AT&T had "no text" plans.

i got news for ya, ive had att for going on 4 years, and i didnt start out with a text "plan" guess what? it was charged "per use" you know, like 411, but i guess if you dont have a 411 plan you cant use 411 right? sorry but txt was $0.20 and MMS was $0.35 each, with out a "plan" only way they just "vanished" was if you had it blocked, or they screwed up on provisiong and blocked it (course, if you never used it, thats not a bad screw up)

Respectfully sir, you are incorrect. Pay-per-use Text messaging is a text messaging plan. If you remove it from your service, you will be unable to send/receive SMS/MMS messages. There is no cost for this.

I know this first-hand, as this is what I did... and my wife works for AT&T Customer Service as a Wireless CSR. Even she says they suck. (and yes, she hates her job...)

thedragonmas
Premium Member
join:2007-12-28
Albany, GA
Netgear R6300 v2
ARRIS SB6180

thedragonmas

Premium Member

said by LinuxNinja:

said by thedragonmas:

said by cramer:

Respectfully sir, you are incorrect. Pay-per-use Text messaging is a text messaging plan. If you remove it from your service, you will be unable to send/receive SMS/MMS messages. There is no cost for this.

I know this first-hand, as this is what I did... and my wife works for AT&T Customer Service as a Wireless CSR. Even she says they suck. (and yes, she hates her job...)

im sorry, but did you miss my post directly above you?
said by thedragonmas:

thats my point, "per use" is automatic. unless you specifically "demand" to have it blocked. and yeah it seems that any time i make the slightest little change they screw up the txt messaging and i call and it "wasnt provisioned correctly, sorry sir", very annoying.

it may be a "plan" but its "default" unless you specifically request it be removed. just like pay per use *69 or long distance on a landline (with out a long distance "plan")