uniqs
share rss forum feed

HELLFIRE
Premium
join:2009-11-25
kudos:18
reply to Adamyipitc

Re: Cisco 2811 or 2911 or something else for dual-WAN bgp

2811 @ ~23Mbps w/ serivces may be pushing it... plus how big a BGP table are you planning on taking?
I'd definately get as much RAM as you can if you're thinking of taking full BGP tables.

Is the VPN site to site, remote VPN, or a mix? How many tunnels?

Considering the somewhat low(er) opinion I've heard from ppl in this forum with 28x1 gear under load, I'd lean
towards the 29xx if you can get and afford it.

Just my 00000010 bits.

Regards

Adam

@rr.com

I'm pretty convinced that the 29x1 series is the way to go at this point.

The VPN is site to site (to Amazon, our data center) and probably won't have more than 10-15 tunnels up at any given time.

I should have been more clear before. We're a company growing from 4 last year to 15 right now to hopefully 25 in 6 months to hopefully 40+ in a year. We're looking for expandability and a high quality presence. As a Python developer with a team of 10 other developers and 5 business people, we're not interested in anything half-a$&ed.

We spend $3k/month on datacenter costs right now and $20k/month in rent and our payroll costs are $10k/business day so a few thousand dollars extra per year to reduce downtime by even an hour over that year is worth it.

chris
Poor Impulse Control
Premium
join:2000-08-13
Middletown, CT
reply to HELLFIRE

said by HELLFIRE:

2811 @ ~23Mbps w/ serivces may be pushing it... plus how big a BGP table are you planning on taking?
I'd definately get as much RAM as you can if you're thinking of taking full BGP tables.

Is the VPN site to site, remote VPN, or a mix? How many tunnels?

Considering the somewhat low(er) opinion I've heard from ppl in this forum with 28x1 gear under load, I'd lean
towards the 29xx if you can get and afford it.

Just my 00000010 bits.

Regards

I would never do full table with something this small - default route only.