The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to Satch

Premium Member

to Satch

Re: Evaluation-The Good, Bad, and Ugly of Brighthouse Networks

Satch I'll have a rather lengthy reply later today as you raise several good points. In the meantime what region are you in just so I have a better picture of things...
Satch
join:2009-11-25

Satch

said by BHNtechXpert:

Satch I'll have a rather lengthy reply later today as you raise several good points. In the meantime what region are you in just so I have a better picture of things...

I am actually in a TWC region of Wisconsin, but for years have also studied the Brighthouse Networks issues as well because of friends in the Florida area. (around and near Orlando) so that is the area that I am most interested in. I needed a Brighthouse Forum to help them So that would be the region that I would most likely choose to continue to learn about.

People may ask, well, why not just post on a TWC forum? I do, in fact several TWC boards, but that won't help my friends in the Florida area with Brighthouse Networks. This forum allows me to do that, and study any differences between TWC and Brighthouse Networks.

Satch
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by Satch:

said by BHNtechXpert:

I am actually in a TWC region of Wisconsin, but for years have also studied the Brighthouse Networks issues as well because of friends in the Florida area. (around and near Orlando) so that is the area that I am most interested in. I needed a Brighthouse Forum to help them So that would be the region that I would most likely choose to continue to learn about.

People may ask, well, why not just post on a TWC forum? I do, in fact several TWC boards, but that won't help my friends in the Florida area with Brighthouse Networks. This forum allows me to do that, and study any differences between TWC and Brighthouse Networks.

Satch

Okay so you aren't even a customer and therefore haven't actually experienced personally the points you bring up...gotcha.

I do however find it puzzling that you would draw your conclusions based on a pseudo analytic combination of facts derived from information you have on TWC and BHN. You do realize they are entirely two different companies and while they do share some common interests related to programming and SOME aspects of technology beyond that there is no connection...right?
evoxllx
join:2007-06-07
Winter Park, FL

evoxllx

said by BHNtechXpert:

said by Satch:

said by BHNtechXpert:

Satch

Okay so you aren't even a customer and therefore haven't actually experienced personally the points you bring up...gotcha.

I do however find it puzzling that you would draw your conclusions based on a pseudo analytic combination of facts derived from information you have on TWC and BHN. You do realize they are entirely two different companies and while they do share some common interests related to programming and SOME aspects of technology beyond that there is no connection...right?

I could see how one would be easily confused given the fact that BHN basically has no network of their own and uses road runner entirely.

Also, the fact that when you call BHN for internet support they address themselves as road runner which is a division of TWC...
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by evoxllx:

I could see how one would be easily confused given the fact that BHN basically has no network of their own and uses road runner entirely.

Also, the fact that when you call BHN for internet support they address themselves as road runner which is a division of TWC...

Statement #1 - Not true...not even close to being accurate.

Statement #2 - Also not true. When you call in for things other than network related things your call is essentially flagged as a possible software or PC issue. Those calls are routed to RR National support. It is the ONLY time you will speak with those people. They are NOT BHN employees but are in fact the Roadrunner National Helpdesk.
Satch
join:2009-11-25

Satch

said by BHNtechXpert:

said by evoxllx:

Also, the fact that when you call BHN for Internet support they address themselves as road runner which is a division of TWC...

Statement #2 - Also not true. When you call in for things other than network related things your call is essentially flagged as a possible software or PC issue. Those calls are routed to RR National support. It is the ONLY time you will speak with those people. They are NOT BHN employees but are in fact the Roadrunner National Helpdesk.

My assumption may be wrong. But people have asked me, "Is Brighthouse Networks connected to TWC" and because they use the same type of boxes and Navigator software guide. I say, "Well, Brighthouse Networks is kind of TWC's sister company." There are differences and similarities I mean, because they use the same guide, which is The Navigator, there has to be some association there?" If not, could Brighthouse Networks create their own program guide? This is because Navigator is an in-house project of TWC?

And than it is interesting to see how Brighthouse Networks piggybacks off of TWC's deals. Even their "Roll Over or Get Tough Programs" and stance about not carrying the NFL Network at this time are identical.

Maybe I should not be posting in the Brighthouse Forums as a TWC customer because I had NO intension of creating confusion for current Brighthouse Customers. I would be happy to help and also learn the differences between the two companies. I could also try to assist what TWC is doing because I have some friends who are close to corporate sources and I might be able to assist in what might be coming out to BHN off of TWC information.

Just want to make sure that is cool with everyone and please accept my apologies for any confusion! Yes, BHN and TWC are two different companies.

Satch
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by Satch:

said by BHNtechXpert:

said by evoxllx:

Also, the fact that when you call BHN for Internet support they address themselves as road runner which is a division of TWC...

My assumption may be wrong. But people have asked me, "Is Brighthouse Networks connected to TWC" and because they use the same type of boxes and Navigator software guide. I say, "Well, Brighthouse Networks is kind of TWC's sister company." There are differences and similarities I mean, because they use the same guide, which is The Navigator, there has to be some association there?" If not, could Brighthouse Networks create their own program guide? This is because Navigator is an in-house project of TWC?

And than it is interesting to see how Brighthouse Networks piggybacks off of TWC's deals. Even their "Roll Over or Get Tough Programs" and stance about not carrying the NFL Network at this time are identical.

Maybe I should not be posting in the Brighthouse Forums as a TWC customer because I had NO intension of creating confusion for current Brighthouse Customers. I would be happy to help and also learn the differences between the two companies. I could also try to assist what TWC is doing because I have some friends who are close to corporate sources and I might be able to assist in what might be coming out to BHN off of TWC information.

Just want to make sure that is cool with everyone and please accept my apologies for any confusion! Yes, BHN and TWC are two different companies.

Satch

As for BHN being connected to TWC the answer is simple...nothing more than two providers who mutually benefit from working closely together on some products/projects and who have a very strong business to business relationship.

Does BHN use SOME TWC technology? Yes!

Does BHN work closely with TWC with regards to programming? Yes! (buying power is in the numbers, the two providers combined as it applies to programming contracts this..that and the other thing gives BHN the benefit of buying power of a company much larger than it currently is. This is a win for the company and a win for their customer.

As for their NFL Network stance I fully support it and had the other providers grown some balls and said not just no but hell no to the NFL that network wouldn't be here today and everyone would be enjoying free NFL football instead of paying for it. Had the consumer actually been less selfish and done the same thing at the same time it would have helped immensely but we have a large percentage of the population who have been bitten by the narcissism bug and the thought of doing something for the collective good is something they have no ability to grasp.

Worse yet most live life one data snippet to another and had they bothered to digest the entire story about this fight they would know that the NFL was banking that fans would ignore the real facts only concerned with their almighty football....very sad! Had everyone stood their ground to begin with everyone would have their football and probably a lot more by now. So I applaud all the providers who have told the NFL to take a hike...they are doing the right thing. If the current NFL Network negotiations fail again it won't be for TWC/BHN's lack of trying...but the NFL is simply out for a cash grab...a cash grab that neither provider wants to have anything to do with.

As for you posting here I see no issues with it and I doubt anyone else does as well. My only concern is that you realize that TWC and BHN are very different organizations and that on the surface many things may be similar to TWC that isn't always the case so be very careful when you share technical advice because while that advice may be outstanding and spot on for TWC it may not actually apply to BHN.