spc
Search similar:

uniqs

AtariBaby
join:2006-03-05
San Francisco, CA

AtariBaby

This company has gone into the toilet

Now that they are merged with megapath, the service, support and quality have gone downhill. Meanwhile we still pay a premium. I'm leaving them as soon as I find a suitable replacement.
NgtFlyer
join:2000-07-09
Marietta, GA

NgtFlyer

Agreed. Sad as it was for me to make the change, I could not justify the cost based on the speeds and service level I was getting. For a little more money, I have 10x the speed and better support through Comcast Business. Other cable providers have similar plans and speed tiers too.
I remember when we had many choices as consumers as to which ISP we could get service through. Now, in most markets, it's the phone company or the cable company.

AtariBaby
join:2006-03-05
San Francisco, CA

1 edit

AtariBaby

Comcast business is annoying service-wise but the price is amazing. Similarly, I have found that Sonic.net is truly amazing both in customer service and the bandwidth they offer for the price. And of course, Comcast is the devil when it comes to privacy and consumer advocacy so I try not to support them.

My rule now is: Sonic.net for internet, IF the lines are of sufficient quality to deliver excellent service (not true for every part of old San Francisco). If not, then I go with Comcast, provided it's part of their recently overhauled system.

Now I just need to find business-class VoIP, which was previously my prime reason for keeping clients with Speakeasy. But no more. I think I'm going to try Improcom.
NgtFlyer
Marietta, GA

NgtFlyer

If you can get Sonic and they can deliver good service to your location(s), go for it! I met Dane Jasper (Founder of Sonic) last weekend and we spoke a bit about Sonic's plans for expansion. They are growing and trying to keep up with demand. He spoke of hold times "in excess of 5 minutes" being absurd and genuinely wants to provide the best customer experience possible. I really wish they had plans to expand to the Atlanta area, I'd sign up in a second.
lorennerol
Premium Member
join:2003-10-29
Seattle, WA

lorennerol

Premium Member

Does Sonic offer DSL service in the Seattle area?
NgtFlyer
Marietta, GA

NgtFlyer

No idea, check www.sonic.net
nanaki333
join:2010-08-11
Chantilly, VA

nanaki333 to AtariBaby

to AtariBaby
the support starting going downhill before the merger. i'd say after they started offering "enterprise" support and services. it took them over a month to finally get our 10Mb EoC turned up, and when it was turned up, it took another month and a half to get our full speed (they had us in at 7.5 and we were supposed to have 10).