how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Moropo
Premium
join:2002-07-28

sending cell phone by usps

I need to send a cell phone and charger by mail, what would be the cheapest way to send it?
--
B.S. in Mathematics
Graduate student: M.S. in Mathematics

ironweasel
Weezy
Premium
join:2000-09-13
Belen, NM
kudos:1
Use the smallest flat rate box the phone & charger will fit in.

»www.prioritymail.com/flatrates.a···no=26968
--
Support the country you live in or live in the country you support!

runnoft
Premium
join:2003-10-14
Nags Head, NC

2 edits
said by ironweasel:

Use the smallest flat rate box the phone & charger will fit in.

»www.prioritymail.com/flatrates.a···no=26968

No, OP asked for cheapest, not most convenient. The USPS flat rate packages are very convenient, but they're not usually the cheapest, unless you're sending a brick, or unless you don't have a convenient empty box the right size.

There are too many other variables OP has not accounted for to know for sure. Try this webpage:
»www.shippingsidekick.com/getrates.wml

Whatever you use, you should either double-box the cell phone or wrap it in bubble wrap. Don't ship it in a padded envelope. Don't use crumpled paper in a box instead of bubble wrap. Styrofoam peanuts in a small, thin box are risky. A lot of cell phones get tossed in a flimsy box for shipping and arrive busted with a cracked screen, for example.

Gbcue
Premium
join:2001-09-30
Santa Rosa, CA
kudos:8
reply to Moropo
If it's well under 5-6 ounces, probably first class mail.
--
My Blog 2.2

Harddrive
Proud American and Infidel since 1968.
Premium
join:2000-09-20
DFW
kudos:2
reply to Moropo
take the battery out before you ship it.

swintec
Premium,VIP
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VoicePulse
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·RapidVPS
reply to runnoft
said by runnoft:

No, OP asked for cheapest, not most convenient. The USPS flat rate packages are very convenient, but they're not usually the cheapest, unless you're sending a brick, or unless you don't have a convenient empty box the right size.

The small flat rate box costs the same as the base priority mail rate so it is a no brainer if you need a box, it will fit in the supplied box and you want it to go 2-3 day service.
--
Usenet Block Accounts | Unlimited Accounts

Hayward
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL
Who said it had to be PRIORITY?

And unless things have reccently changed I have sent light thing Priority for well under the min Flat Rate box, tiny as it is.

Then again got a bargain, had to return 4 bad 12v SLA batteries that fit in the big box $14 instead of $36 the weight was.
--
»haywardm.com (Hayward's Key West)

The Pig
I know you want to be me
Premium
join:2009-09-11
reply to Moropo
Whichever way you decide to send it get insurance on it, if it's worth any money!

dmxrob6
Premium
join:2005-06-24
Boonville, MO
reply to Moropo
If it was me, I'd send it Priority Mail with Signature Confirmation. I've been very impressed with the speed and efficiency of the post office delivering packages. Plus I like the fact they provide the box as well.