spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Thorun

@verizon.net

This connection is sender limited 90.14% of the time.

Hey, what exactly does this message mean (This connection is sender limited 90.14% of the time)? I ran the test on the verizon site because I've been having a lot of problems lately with my DSL connection. My internet connection completely dies for about a second randomly without any sort of pattern other than it happening during peak hours, happens sometimes once a minute, once every 10 minutes, once every 30 minutes or an hour, there's no way to tell. I've looked at how busy our home network traffic is, how warm the router is, there just seems to be no pattern whatsoever. In fact, the disconnect situation typically gets better later in the night, though during peak hours of 6pm-9pm it is extremely bad. If it was a router issue, I would expect it to get considerably worse after a couple computers were using the internet connection all day, except it gets better later at night, so something else is going on most likely.

My latency has been pretty subpar lately as well, nearly 2-3 times what it normally is.

Here's the test results from when I ran it:

Checking for Middleboxes . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Done
SendBufferSize set to [8192]
running 10s outbound test (client to server) . . . . . 26.26Kb/s
running 10s inbound test (server to client) . . . . . . 1.48Mb/s

------ Client System Details ------
OS data: Name = Windows XP, Architecture = x86, Version = 5.1
Java data: Vendor = Sun Microsystems Inc., Version = 1.6.0_24

------ Web100 Detailed Analysis ------
Client Receive Window detected at 65535 bytes.
Cable modem/DSL/T1 link found.
Link set to Full Duplex mode
No network congestion discovered.
Good network cable(s) found
Normal duplex operation found.

Web100 reports the Round trip time = 271.2 msec; the Packet size = 1452 Bytes; and
There were 4 packets retransmitted, 5 duplicate acks received, and 0 SACK blocks received
The connection stalled 1 times due to packet loss
The connection was idle 0.4 seconds (3.33%) of the time
This connection is receiver limited 3.07% of the time.
This connection is sender limited 90.14% of the time.
This connection is network limited 6.79% of the time.

Web100 reports TCP negotiated the optional Performance Settings to:
RFC 2018 Selective Acknowledgment: ON
RFC 896 Nagle Algorithm: ON
RFC 3168 Explicit Congestion Notification: OFF
RFC 1323 Time Stamping: OFF
RFC 1323 Window Scaling: OFF
Information: Network Middlebox is modifying MSS variable
Server IP addresses are preserved End-to-End
Information: Network Address Translation (NAT) box is modifying the Client's IP address

oobie99

join:2010-06-28
kudos:1
I think that message has to do with figuring out optimum RWIN sizes. If you're on Windows Vista or later, there's really not much you can do with RWIN, but if you're on XP, you might be able to tweak it.

For your intermittent disconnects, I suggest you look at your transceiver stats (such as the SNR and line attenuation) as well.