Thanks Mazilo.
Ill give it a try today.
XCOM

XCOM to mazilo

Premium Member

to mazilo
said by mazilo:

said by XCOM:

If you where able to register using 5080 than they do. Thats the port I need to use. 5060 is blocked by my isp.

My friend called me last night to inform their SPA3102 device failed to register to the SipBRI server. Just now, it just hit me that I had configured both Line 1 and PSTN with two different SipBRI accounts with different ports, i.e. 5060 and 5061! So, hopefully you should not have any problem to use any port other than 5060.

Mazilo,

For some reason I can not reach this server in any port "sip2.remacservices.net"
Is that the same server you use with sipbri?

Edit:

I even try to telnet to there sip ports and the do not respond.... they are close. Same thing with nmap they report the ports to be closed.
mazilo
From Mazilo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
Lilburn, GA

mazilo

Premium Member

said by XCOM:

For some reason I can not reach this server in any port "sip2.remacservices.net"
Is that the same server you use with sipbri?

Yes and I used port 5062 (to be exact). Now, the SPA3102 has registered just fine.

XCOM
digitalnUll
Premium Member
join:2002-06-10
Spring, TX

XCOM

Premium Member

Than I think something is blocking me externally. Not sure whats going on
XCOM

XCOM to mazilo

Premium Member

to mazilo
ok looks like this server is definitely blocking me. I am able to use other providers but I cant register to them at all.
Stewart
join:2005-07-13

Stewart

said by XCOM:

ok looks like this server is definitely blocking me. I am able to use other providers but I cant register to them at all.

Poisoned NAT association? Try powering off modem, router and device. Bring up modem, when it's ready power up the router, then finally the device.

If no luck, and a softphone confirms that your access is blocked, you might try laundering the connection through a VPN, PBXes account, etc.

treich
join:2006-12-12

treich to txcas

to txcas
I dont know if this been asked already but is there a issue with sipbri that you cant allow incoming calls to any ata/pap2's?
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704

Premium Member

said by treich:

I dont know if this been asked already but is there a issue with sipbri that you cant allow incoming calls to any ata/pap2's?

No, that's half the point of having it.

They themselves sell an optional ATA (Grandstream).

It works fine on my IP phone. Anything that works on IP phones will also work on ATA's.
mazilo
From Mazilo
Premium Member
Lilburn, GA

mazilo

Premium Member

said by PX Eliezer704:

Anything that works on IP phones will also work on ATA's.

+1

BTW, every-now-and-then a SipBRI account configured on my friend's ATA device (SPAN3102 on PSTN TAB) keeps failing to send the incoming calls even though both the INFO page on the device (SIP) as well as on their SipBRI main page (GTalk/GChat) show the account is registered. To remedy this issue, they constantly need to login into their SipBRI account to delete/recreate the GTalk/GChat entry. Once that is done, SipBRI has no problem to forward incoming calls.

XCOM
digitalnUll
Premium Member
Spring, TX
(Software) pfSense
MikroTik CRS125-24G-1S-RM

1 edit

XCOM to Stewart

Premium Member

to Stewart
Well after a week of sipbri working today it looks like they are having problems.

I am getting rejected when re register

sip2.remacservices.net:5060 105 Rejected

Here is more info
chan_sip.c:19683 in handle_response_register: Got 404 Not found on SIP register to service uid@sip2.remacservices.net, giving up

mazilo
From Mazilo
Premium Member
Lilburn, GA

mazilo

Premium Member

said by XCOM:

I am getting rejected when re register

I hope yours has gotten back to register because my FS registers just fine to the SipBRI server.

XCOM
digitalnUll
Premium Member
Spring, TX

XCOM

Premium Member

mazilo,

Thanks. yes is fine now
XCOM

XCOM to mazilo

Premium Member

to mazilo
mazilo,

Can you make outgoing calls today using sipbri?
mazilo
From Mazilo
Premium Member
Lilburn, GA

mazilo

Premium Member

said by XCOM:

mazilo,

Can you make outgoing calls today using sipbri?

I just tried to place a call from my SipBRI to my WhistlPhone (WP) and it kept ringing while my WP didn't receive the incoming call. Something isn't right.

XCOM
digitalnUll
Premium Member
Spring, TX

XCOM

Premium Member

Yeap same issue here.
At some point my system shows that I am dialing out but I hear no ring tone when before I did and the other end does not ring ether...

brg
Premium Member
join:2001-01-03
Chicago, IL

brg

Premium Member

Round and round. My SipBri is not working, so if any of you experts get to work, share the wealth.

I'd initially registered to it from PBXes.org. Originally, I was lucky enough to get it to work, and hear ring-tone even.

...Then it devolved to where I would hear a bit of a blip and then nothing, but the call would eventually complete.

...Then SipBri failed to register for a while.

...Then it would register, but not complete calls.

That's where I am now: PBXes shows it as registered, but the SipBri website shows my "GV account" with a "status" of "offline." I deleted the account and re-added it, but same result; no worky.

So, I deleted the SipBri trunk from PBXes, and added it to my own asterisk box. Asterisk shows registration:

[sip2.remacservices.net:5060 N {username} 105 Registered Tue, 18 Oct 2011 17:20:58]

But, calls are rejected due to "congestion":

[2011-10-18 17:17:55] VERBOSE[17842] app_dial.c: -- Called SIP/sipbri/1312XXXYYYY
[2011-10-18 17:17:55] VERBOSE[16694] chan_sip.c: -- Got SIP response 503 "Could not connect to target" back from 66.90.64.228:5060
[2011-10-18 17:17:55] VERBOSE[17842] app_dial.c: -- SIP/sipbri-00000013 is circuit-busy
[2011-10-18 17:17:55] VERBOSE[17842] app_dial.c: == Everyone is busy/congested at this time (1:0/1/0)
[2011-10-18 17:17:55] VERBOSE[17842] pbx.c: -- Executing [s@macro-dialout-trunk:20] NoOp("SIP/100-00000012", "Dial failed for some reason with DIALSTATUS = CONGESTION and HANGUPCAUSE = 34") in new stack

XCOM
digitalnUll
Premium Member
Spring, TX

XCOM

Premium Member

I am thinking that sipbri has been affected by the GV codec change.... That happen about a week ago...
mazilo
From Mazilo
Premium Member
Lilburn, GA

mazilo

Premium Member

said by XCOM:

I am thinking that sipbri has been affected by the GV codec change.... That happen about a week ago...

You may be right, especially if SipBRI uses Asterisk.

brg
Premium Member
Chicago, IL

brg

Premium Member

said by mazilo:

said by XCOM:

I'd been wondering that as well.

Maybe they should use a room full of 1U rack-mounted Obis.
mazilo
From Mazilo
Premium Member
Lilburn, GA

mazilo

Premium Member

said by brg:

said by mazilo:

said by XCOM:

LOL ...
yahoo2003
join:2007-11-02
Mclean, VA

yahoo2003 to brg

to brg
said by brg:

said by mazilo:

said by XCOM:

A much easier way would be to use FreeSwitch .

brg
Premium Member
Chicago, IL

brg

Premium Member

said by yahoo2003:

Not so sure. Isn't Mazilo using FS, and isn't he having problems with calls not completing?
Edit: make that "was having problems" prior to 2011-10-19 14:46:37, when he posted in the other thread that it was working again...
mazilo
From Mazilo
Premium Member
Lilburn, GA

mazilo

Premium Member

said by brg:

said by yahoo2003:

Not so sure. Isn't Mazilo using FS, and isn't he having problems with calls not completing?

Yes and I am using FS. I created some SipBRI accounts and use one on my FS to register just for testing purposes. For the past few days, my FS had no problem to register to my SipBRI account, but call won't complete. Today, when I tried to place a call through my SipBRI account registered from my FS, it worked and the call competed. My friend's Linksys/Cisco WRTP54G and SPA3102 that are configured with SipBRI accounts are also now working to complete calls. Looks like SipBRI is back.