Retired
Premium
join:2001-12-30
USA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL

[Philly] Public School Scandal

Arlene Ackerman, the Philadelphia school superintendent, has been a polarizing figure since she arrived here in 2008. There have been allegations of principals forcing teachers to change test scores, Asian youths being terrorized and beaten in school with no discipline to the offenders, expensive lunches for the friends of Ackerman, and the list goes on.

Recently she went public and dared the school reform commission to fire her.

»www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/1···458.html
quote:
Arlene Ackerman, Philadelphia School Superintendent, Dares Commission To Fire Her
Now it looks like she's gone!
»www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/news/edu···g_082211
quote:
Sources: Ackerman Out As Superintendent
Goodbye Arlene, you won't be missed.
--
Charlie Rangel/Bawney Fwank 2012 Dem Ticket

Lone Wolf
Retired
Premium
join:2001-12-30
USA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL
Just watched the news and found that they are giving this idiot $905,000 to get rid of her. Philly is broke and may soon end up like Detroit and they're giving away money.

However, only $500,000 is coming from the school district and rest from anonymous private individuals! They must really hate her to offer up that kind of private money. lol

»philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2011/0···s-chief/
quote:
The School Reform Commission issued a statement that Ackerman will be paid $905,000, comprised of $500,000 from the SRC and $405,000 from “anonymous private contributions.”
I wish I could have gone to my boss and dared him to fire me only to get almost a million bucks.
--
Charlie Rangel/Bawney Fwank 2012 Dem Ticket