share rss forum feed

Mr Neutron
Ceaseless, Tasteless, and Gormless
Premium
join:2005-05-30
Gorham, ME

1 recommendation

[request] Fortune Feature

Would it be possible for you guys to throw up the fortunes on the site somewhere so that DSLR users could view them without the necessity of posting?

Why I ask: the fortunes I get are always so cool/clever that, to be perfectly honest, it's all I can do to keep from posting pointless one and two word comments ("yeah," "for sure," "right," etc.) just to generate more of them to read. Maybe I just have exceptional luck when it comes to getting fortunes that strike me as being appropos to what I'm thinking about or doing at the time. Some of them seem positively uncanny ("These PRESERVES should be FORCE-FED to PENTAGON OFFICIALS!!" after posting a snotty remark concerning alligator food, for example.)

Anyway, it's just an idea. /shrugs
--
"Ah father, that sermon today.......frankly it bored the arse off me."

dandelion
Premium,MVM
join:2003-04-29
Germantown, TN
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Comcast

Re: Fortune Feature

I actually like to read the fortunes also and kind of wish there was just a page I can go to to see the latest. Some comments, I would like to follow yet at the time have other things I feel I need to do then when try to see that one again it is no longer there.

Mr Neutron
Ceaseless, Tasteless, and Gormless
Premium
join:2005-05-30
Gorham, ME

Well, there were a couple of fortunes I really liked that I had cut 'n pasted into an open text editor file on the fly. Naturally, me being me, I didn't take the actual step of saving the file, and when the box locked up, (as boxes sometimes do) um, there went the quotes.

But yeah, the basic idea is that it would be nice if there were some way to access and view fortunes in case the reader is intrigued or haunted by a quickly-glimpsed fortune (as you say). Right now, they are hosed.
--
"Ah father, that sermon today.......frankly it bored the arse off me."

vaxvms
ferroequine fan
Premium
join:2005-03-01
Wormtown
kudos:3
reply to Mr Neutron

Perhaps a new Favorite Fortunes forum?

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
reply to Mr Neutron

Or merely a Favorites Fortunes thread somewhere, say the pub or rantsnraves forum?