Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19

1 edit

Earthquake

What the fuck. Since when do we get earthquakes? People within 20 miles of me felt that too.

Phillip
I Need A Nap

join:2004-12-21
Hatboro, PA

Re: [PA] Earthquake

LoL tell me about it.....The funny part, every one jump on there cellphones to tell every one about.

Jodokast96
Stupid people really piss me off.
Premium
join:2005-11-23
Erial, NJ
kudos:2
reply to Archivis
I thought the dog was behind the couch scratching or something, lol. Imagine my surprise when I got up and no dog. Then noticed the tv rocking, along with the strings on the ceiling fans.

Rxdoxx
Premium,Ex-Mod 2002-13
join:2000-11-03
Middle River, MD
kudos:11
reply to Archivis
And it was centered in Virginia, 34 miles from Richmond, so what 250 miles from Philly?

»earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/···e6x3.php

Here is the map center
»earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/···e6x3.php
--
Was a Cruise Fanatic, one cruise on Princess cured me. Bleah

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
join:2002-10-11
Tyrinaria
kudos:4
Felt from the Carolinas up to Toronto, I'm hearing. Our building shook pretty good. Lots of people ran outside. Not the smartest move I've seen......
--
Play DSLr Mafia: »Pub Games

Rxdoxx
Premium,Ex-Mod 2002-13
join:2000-11-03
Middle River, MD
kudos:11
Outside is smart.....
My problem was I had never experienced a quake so it took a bit to figure out not a tornado/wind, in which case I want shelter as deep inside as I can get. Earthquake want to be away from falling and not inside collapsible structures.
--
Was a Cruise Fanatic, one cruise on Princess cured me. Bleah

Poconos PA

@salliemae.com
reply to Archivis
Felt 2 hours north of Philadelphia, I thought it was the dog behind the chair at first

Jodokast96
Premium
Erial, NJ
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL
reply to Kristopher
Outside, your house or it's contents can't fall on you. Listening to a few calls for possible gas leaks as well, so that's another thing to consider. Cherry Hill had reports of a partial structural collapse, but it was cleared as superficial damage. I don't think there's a fire department in the area right now that's in station with all of the investigation calls coming in.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19
reply to Archivis

Re: Earthquake

They evacuated us. Back in now. Precautionary I guess. News says it was felt from Canada down to Atlanta.
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.

cableties
Premium
join:2005-01-27
Felt it near Princeton, NJ.

Look, lawn furniture fell over!!! LOL
--
Splat

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
join:2002-10-11
Tyrinaria
kudos:4
reply to Jodokast96

Yeah, but they took the elevators.....

Lone Wolf
Retired
Premium
join:2001-12-30
USA
kudos:1
reply to Archivis

I was on my cell phone when it suddenly crapped out. I called SimpleMobile to find out what was wrong with my phone and they told me there was an earthquake in Philly but I didn't feel it. (No brain, no pain. )

From my other phone I called work which is 7 miles from my home and was told that the whole building shook but nobody and nothing were hurt.
--
Charlie Rangel/Bawney Fwank 2012 Dem Ticket

Jodokast96
Premium
Erial, NJ
reply to Kristopher

said by Kristopher:

Yeah, but they took the elevators.....

Probably, lol.
Expand your moderator at work

Razor155
Premium
join:2001-12-31
EHT, NJ
reply to Archivis

Felt it in A.C. It was kind'a funky. The whole freaking building was swaying for a few seconds.