spc
uniqs

clarknova
join:2010-02-23
Grande Prairie, AB

clarknova to Sith Sideus

to Sith Sideus

Re: Everything MLPPP

MLPPP has no effect on your DSL connection (ie, what happens between the ISP and the modem). If you have a DSL connection that is getting 1.5/0.5, then the best you can hope for by adding another connection is 3/1.

FiReSTaRT
Premium Member
join:2010-02-26
Canada

FiReSTaRT

Premium Member

said by clarknova:

If you have a DSL connection that is getting 1.5/0.5, then the best you can hope for by adding another connection is 3/1.

Technically speaking, you're probably correct if restricted to TSI service. OpenWRT/MLPPP now supports heterogeneous bonding, so 1.5/0.5 + 5/0.8 = 6.5 + 1.3 (all minus the 15% PPPoE overhead), but this feature might require support on the LNS side as well. If TSI gives me 2 different speed profiles, I'll be glad to test it
Sith Sideus
join:2011-03-27
Mount Pleasant, ON

Sith Sideus

i am suppose to be getting 5/0.8 already but unfortunately i only get around 1.5/0.5 which sucks, and unless i can figure out why it is so low and fix it i wont bother with MLPPP since it would cost me way to much to get the upload i need...which means in the end ill be stuck.
filipesanta
join:2011-09-22

filipesanta

ok so i want to try out settign up a mlppp conection but i jsut want to bypass the bell throttle i dont need a multilink.
So what i need is a slppp and so far i have been geting diferent tips on thisregarding what do i need for it.

i have a speedstream 6300 router conected to dsl.

aparently this router cant be used so i need to go get a new router or modem but so far i coudnt understand if i need 1 MODEM and 1 ROUTER...just 1 MODEM or if i can use one of those routers that make it work without a modem(im sorry but my knowledge on internet stuff is BAD )

i can get my hands on a D-link router(or modem..i dont know anymore!!)

basicaly all i wan tto know it...im using a single piece of gear(this speedstream 6300) that works as mdoem and router(i think..at least has other ports and wireless).

for a slppp conection just to bypass throttle what do i need to get? jsut the Dlink will do? or shoud i get a modem+the dlink router?

any modem will do if thats the case?

ohh and i woud also like to know if anyone experienced some improvements playign world of warcraft or othe ronline gaming after starting to use mlppp // slppp....because my conection..speed etc seems fine..its jsut the packet lose and sudent lag spikes that make everythign basicaly unplayble

thanks in advance
doofoo
join:2002-01-21
Upper Marlboro, MD

doofoo to FiReSTaRT

to FiReSTaRT
said by FiReSTaRT:

said by clarknova:

If you have a DSL connection that is getting 1.5/0.5, then the best you can hope for by adding another connection is 3/1.

Technically speaking, you're probably correct if restricted to TSI service. OpenWRT/MLPPP now supports heterogeneous bonding, so 1.5/0.5 + 5/0.8 = 6.5 + 1.3 (all minus the 15% PPPoE overhead), but this feature might require support on the LNS side as well. If TSI gives me 2 different speed profiles, I'll be glad to test it

How exactly does this work with different speeds? Are you referring to the MLPPP on the providers side having link speed profiles set for the bonding?