Search similar:

uniqs
drslash (banned)
Goya Asma
join:2002-02-18
Marion, IA

drslash (banned)

Trac Phone

What carriers supply service for Trac Phones? From the phone will I be able to tell which carrier is the service provider? If so, how?

I ask because I need cell phone service in a very specific place where my current provider has spotty or no service. I know somebody at this location who gets good service with a Trac Phone and I want to be able to get the same or similar phone. From this Trac Phone phone I would like to know which company is the carrier so I can get a phone from that carrier or get a Trac Phone that uses that carrier. I don't need data service, just voice service. Thanks.
davidhoffman
Premium Member
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA

davidhoffman

Premium Member

TracFone »www.tracfone.com/ is the carrier.

beck
MVM
join:2002-01-29
On The Road

beck to drslash

MVM

to drslash
Well, who do you use now? Tracfone uses either CDMA (Verizon/Sprint) or GSM (ATT/TMobile).

It should say on the box which it's using.
drslash (banned)
Goya Asma
Marion, IA

drslash (banned) to davidhoffman

to davidhoffman
said by davidhoffman:

TracFone »www.tracfone.com/ is the carrier.

If you bother to read the information on Trac Phone's web site you would know that they do not have their own network. They use the major carriers. From what I can tell the CDMA carriers and GSM carriers are used by Trac Phone.
drslash

drslash (banned) to beck

to beck
said by beck:

Well, who do you use now? Tracfone uses either CDMA (Verizon/Sprint) or GSM (ATT/TMobile).

It should say on the box which it's using.

I don't have the phone or the box. A nephew has a Trac Phone and he gets good service in the location that my carrier does not have service. I was hoping to find out how my Nephew can tell if his phone is GSM or CDMA. I don't want to get a CDMA Trac Phone only to find out that the GSM service is the one I want at that location.

Littlem129
Premium Member
join:2007-05-13
White Pine, TN

1 recommendation

Littlem129 to drslash

Premium Member

to drslash
Ask your nephew what the brand and model number is for his phone and then look it up on TracFone's website. If the phone is listed it will tell you whether it is a CDMA (Verizon/Sprint) or GSM (ATT/TMobile) and then you'll know for sure.

sonofjay
Mission Accomplished - Bush May 1, 2003
MVM
join:2001-05-14
Malden, MA

1 recommendation

sonofjay to drslash

MVM

to drslash
I don't know how it works on Trac directly but on Straight Talk (which is provided by Trac) the models numbers of the phones currently ending in "C" (except the Android) are Verizon. Ones ending in "G" are AT&T or T-Mobile. The Nokia smartphones are only on AT&T.

Again, not sure if this applies to Trac too or not.
drslash (banned)
Goya Asma
Marion, IA

drslash (banned)

Yes, many of the Trac phones end in C or G as I have discovered. I think I have it figured out that I need a GSM phone for the location where my current provider has a dead spot.