uniqs
share rss forum feed

raypsi1

join:2001-04-09
Redford, MI
Reviews:
·WOW Internet and..
reply to dib22

Re: How many GB's do you average per month?

I got to my account ima at 5.8 gigs 5 days into the plan.
I copied this from my account page:

Virgin Mobile reserves the right, without notice, to temporarily limit throughput speeds when monthly data usage on the $50 Broadband2Go Plan exceeds 5 GB.

The above terms exceeds their 2.5gig in their broadband2go terms.
They not saying they will limit speed, that they reserve the right to limit.

dib22

join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO
said by raypsi1:

I got to my account ima at 5.8 gigs 5 days into the plan.
I copied this from my account page:

Virgin Mobile reserves the right, without notice, to temporarily limit throughput speeds when monthly data usage on the $50 Broadband2Go Plan exceeds 5 GB.

The above terms exceeds their 2.5gig in their broadband2go terms.
They not saying they will limit speed, that they reserve the right to limit.

Interesting, you appear to either have a new plan that they don't advertise or mention on their website, or a glitched plan! (or they never bothered to update the verbage from the old $40/unlimited plan)

You basically have the grandfathered $40 plan for $50... not bad!

Could you list what plans it shows available to you on your account page? Thanks!

raypsi1

Redford, MI
Yes when I went to Radio Shack I bought the 2200 hot spot mifi. On the package it came in it says 5gig.

When I go to buy more time at my account page, it shows both 2.5 and 5 gig options that are unlimited.

raypsi1

Redford, MI
18 days into plan and i'm at 30GB

dib22

Kansas City, MO
said by raypsi1:

18 days into plan and i'm at 30GB

Has it throttled your speed to 256k/256k?

raypsi1

Redford, MI
yeah 6 days into the unlimited 5GB plan I hit the 256KB wall

dib22

Kansas City, MO
said by raypsi1:

yeah 6 days into the unlimited 5GB plan I hit the 256KB wall

Thanks for the info... so it seems there is a hidden 5gig-then-throttle plan available at radio shack! Will try that out if I ever need a new device/plan combo with vm.

raypsi1

Redford, MI
freaking just bought more time $50 freaking USD and ima at 83kbs man this is BS they take my $50 and give me Capital S with a HIT no way they getting any more of my USD's

dib22

Kansas City, MO
said by raypsi1:

freaking just bought more time $50 freaking USD and ima at 83kbs man this is BS they take my $50 and give me Capital S with a HIT no way they getting any more of my USD's

Make sure you power down the device (pull the battery) for 30 mins in-case the old profile is stuck.

raypsi1

Redford, MI
Reviews:
·WOW Internet and..
Worst than that my couzins PS3 was sitting there with nobody using it sucking all my bandwidth, but I think you are right cause it reset when I booted the PS3 off my mifi

Towit the PS3 was the only device on over night and It sucked 480MB in 6 hours at the capped speed. With the mifi reset and the PS3 offline ima back at 1100kbps

Thanks for the heads up on the reset.

Ripperjack

join:2012-01-12
Fredericksburg, TX
Reviews:
·Charter

1 edit
reply to whatsayU
I use this as my primary Internet connection, since all other ISP's won't touch me as I am outside the Broadband Iron Curtain (aka. Local city limits). As such I am able to blow through my 5Gb allowance in about 2 weeks (120 to 150 KB/Sec) before I am strangled back down to the throttled snails pace (30 to 25 KB/Sec). Over the entire month I might average 8 to 10 Gb, but when I first got my $40 unlimited connection way back when it was TRULY unlimited, I was averaging 40 to 60 Gb a month (Oh what a glorious 4 months it was until Virgin's usage caps)

math4fun

@spcsdns.net
reply to whatsayU
About 5 gb per month. My average download speed is about .5 mbps out here in the boonies, so it's hard to tell if I'm being throttled or it's just the typical speed on an overloaded tower. I have seen my speed above 256k when I'm over 5gb.