BeesTea
Internet Janitor
Premium Member
join:2003-03-08

BeesTea

Premium Member

Bridging the Ubee Modem/Wifi/Phone device

Hi, all.

I've seen mention of people being able to bridge their Ubee devices via the menu. I have the new combo device but want to use my 5GHz/2.4GHz dual-band router instead. I'd really like to avoid the double NAT scenario presented by just putting the other router behind the Ubee. Does anyone know how to enable bridging? I can't seem to find it in the configuration options.

Thanks!
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by BeesTea:

Hi, all.

I've seen mention of people being able to bridge their Ubee devices via the menu. I have the new combo device but want to use my 5GHz/2.4GHz dual-band router instead. I'd really like to avoid the double NAT scenario presented by just putting the other router behind the Ubee. Does anyone know how to enable bridging? I can't seem to find it in the configuration options.

Thanks!

Where are you located on the BHN footprint?

BeesTea
Internet Janitor
Premium Member
join:2003-03-08

BeesTea

Premium Member

Hi, ISPGeek,

Thanks for the reply. I'm newly relocated to Orlando. I probably jumped the gun on the post here and did some additional digging here in the forum since. I see that to bridge the modem it requires a service side access and reconfig. Rather than take any time of people I'll do this the other way around and bridge the wrt610n. I use DD-WRT on it so it shouldn't be a hassle. If it doesn't go as planned I'll follow-up here.

Thanks!
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by BeesTea:

Hi, ISPGeek,

Thanks for the reply. I'm newly relocated to Orlando. I probably jumped the gun on the post here and did some additional digging here in the forum since. I see that to bridge the modem it requires a service side access and reconfig. Rather than take any time of people I'll do this the other way around and bridge the wrt610n. I use DD-WRT on it so it shouldn't be a hassle. If it doesn't go as planned I'll follow-up here.

Thanks!

Yea it does man but honestly it only takes a couple of minutes on the phone. Real simple stuff. Just call your local office (make sure its the local office only) and they will fix you up in no time. Please no double NATing it makes my skin crawl when people do it...kinda like the chalkboard thing ya know