All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
garyfitz
join:2004-08-31
Blanchard, MI

garyfitz to whatsayU

to whatsayU

Re: How many GB's do you average per month?

I have the $40 (grandfathered Plan) and use about 4+ Gb, but sometimes it seems they throttle me some days. Also when I get to the last day of the month I have problems with speed or not able to get connect.

laserfan what is this about October ?

Later,
Fitz
tomupnorth
join:2005-01-14
UpperMidwest

tomupnorth

said by garyfitz:

I have the $40 (grandfathered Plan) and use about 4+ Gb, but sometimes it seems they throttle me some days. Also when I get to the last day of the month I have problems with speed or not able to get connect.

laserfan what is this about October ?

Supposedly in October (or is it Nov?) we're being dropped to 2.5Gb or something.

Today is my monthly expiration date, and although from the very beginning one year ago I've asked them to auto-renew with my credit card, it has only happenly smoothly ONCE that I recall!!! So today I'm going to lose Internet, have to go to their site and push some buttons, then fiddle-around with my Cradlepoint router to try to get Internet back, give-up after a while, then magically some mins or hrs later I'll be back On the Air ("You're Good to Go!").

We get what we pay for with this el cheapo service!

dib22
join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

dib22

said by tomupnorth:

Supposedly in October (or is it Nov?) we're being dropped to 2.5Gb or something.

I think that is their phone plans... that is the unlimited phone data will start getting dropped to 2.5gb-then-throttle (but prices will be grandfathered if you don't switch plans).

If you found they were doing this to the grandfathered broadband 2 go plan where did you see it?

Just checked the plan page on a couple of the grandfathered and don't see any changes, it still states 5GB on the banner.
tomupnorth
UpperMidwest

tomupnorth

said by dib22:

If you found they were doing this to the grandfathered broadband 2 go plan where did you see it?

»newsroom.sprint.com/arti ··· _id=1970

I and others at EVDO forums interpreted this to include B2G but maybe your are right--it only applies to telephone data customers? That would be a great relief to me!

quote:
Beginning in October 2011, Virgin Mobile will also move to reduce data speeds when a customer’s data usage exceeds 2.5GB in a month but still provide unlimited 3G access without a contract, usage cap, overage or activation fees. Based on current usage patterns, fewer than 3 percent of Virgin Mobile USA customers use more than 2.5GB of data usage per month. After reaching this level, this minority of customers may experience slower page loads, file downloads and streaming media. When a customer’s next month begins, the data usage meter starts back at zero with unlimited 3G speeds.

dib22
Kansas City, MO

dib22

said by tomupnorth:

I and others at EVDO forums interpreted this to include B2G but maybe your are right--it only applies to telephone data customers? That would be a great relief to me!

Yea that is just the phone plans... plus they will honor the old price if you dont switch away from the old plan... so if you were on the $25 plan you still still be paying $25 unless you switch away to another phone plan, just like they did with the old $40-unlimited bb2go plan.
tomupnorth
UpperMidwest

tomupnorth

said by dib22:

Yea that is just the phone plans...

Well I hope you're right--that will be a great relief to me cuz as I've said I use close to the 5Gb/mo limit now--2.5 would suck big-time.

Thanks for your input. :relieved:

dondude
join:2005-09-15
Lehigh Acres, FL

dondude to dib22

to dib22
Stopped using my BB2GO in jan 2011 so I've got till Jan 2012 to add and keep $40 for 5gb? Used 49.6 GB on my BYOD Millenicom account last month.

dib22
Kansas City, MO

dib22

said by dondude:

Stopped using my BB2GO in jan 2011 so I've got till Jan 2012 to add and keep $40 for 5gb?

Yup... the account expires after 365 days of no active plan.

»www.virginmobileusa.com/ ··· t_status