Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Albert71292

join:2004-10-31
West Monroe, LA
reply to crazyk4952

Re: Hate AT&T

I tried that. They said I HAD to have long distance capability, even if I didn't use it. Tried to argue with the phone rep for nearly half an hour, to no avail. Finally gave up trying to get the charge and long distance removed.

crazyk4952
Premium
join:2002-02-04
united state
kudos:1
That is B.S.

Maybe it's time to vote with your wallet and move to VOIP....

Albert71292

join:2004-10-31
West Monroe, LA
Don't you need internet for VOIP? If I drop my phone service, I lose my internet from the local provider. Bayou Internet says they can't provide internet without a landline phone number. Switched to Bayou because of no caps. Only other game in town is Comcrap, err, Comcast, and even THEY cap monthly usage, so they aren't an option in my opinion.

Between all the video I watch online and my sons gaming, we'd eat through those caps in no time.

iansltx

join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX
kudos:2
Have you measured your internet usage?

aciddrink

join:2000-08-26
reply to Albert71292
said by Albert71292:

Only other game in town is Comcrap, err, Comcast, and even THEY cap monthly usage, so they aren't an option in my opinion.

I no longer have Comcast as they are not in the city I now live in. But last year I had Comcast, and to be honest I had a hard time even coming close to the 250GB limit. I mean, if one was really inclined to do so, they could, but it takes effort.

Granted I wasn't streaming HD Netflix shows back then nearly as much as I am now, so it might be a different story now.

Moral of the story, if you don't do anything excessive, Comcast may be worth looking into if you really want an alternative to a phone company.

ReVeLaTeD
Premium
join:2001-11-10
San Diego, CA
reply to Albert71292
said by Albert71292:

Don't you need internet for VOIP? If I drop my phone service, I lose my internet from the local provider. Bayou Internet says they can't provide internet without a landline phone number. Switched to Bayou because of no caps. Only other game in town is Comcrap, err, Comcast, and even THEY cap monthly usage, so they aren't an option in my opinion.

Between all the video I watch online and my sons gaming, we'd eat through those caps in no time.

You need a phone line if you persist on keeping DSL. Cable has no such requirement. It sounds like you've sounded off on cable for your own personal reasons though due to a cap that is, as stated, REALLY difficult to exceed.

You need to prioritize. Either you can make phone go away and go Cable, or you worry about caps that really aren't that bad in the grand scheme and stay where you are.

xtachx

join:2005-11-19
canada
reply to aciddrink
Bell canada has caps "as high as" 1 GB

tdspringer

@eastlink.ca
reply to Albert71292
Seriously? I have Comcast and have for years. There is no cap on my bandwidth.

jeffreydean1

join:2010-05-31
Yes there is.