Premium Member
join:2002-02-04
united state

crazyk4952 to Albert71292

Premium Member

to Albert71292

Re: Hate AT&T

That is B.S.

Maybe it's time to vote with your wallet and move to VOIP....
Albert71292
join:2004-10-31
West Monroe, LA

Albert71292

Don't you need internet for VOIP? If I drop my phone service, I lose my internet from the local provider. Bayou Internet says they can't provide internet without a landline phone number. Switched to Bayou because of no caps. Only other game in town is Comcrap, err, Comcast, and even THEY cap monthly usage, so they aren't an option in my opinion.

Between all the video I watch online and my sons gaming, we'd eat through those caps in no time.
iansltx
join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX

iansltx

Have you measured your internet usage?

AnonPerson
join:2000-08-26
Lexington, KY

AnonPerson to Albert71292

to Albert71292
said by Albert71292:

Only other game in town is Comcrap, err, Comcast, and even THEY cap monthly usage, so they aren't an option in my opinion.

I no longer have Comcast as they are not in the city I now live in. But last year I had Comcast, and to be honest I had a hard time even coming close to the 250GB limit. I mean, if one was really inclined to do so, they could, but it takes effort.

Granted I wasn't streaming HD Netflix shows back then nearly as much as I am now, so it might be a different story now.

Moral of the story, if you don't do anything excessive, Comcast may be worth looking into if you really want an alternative to a phone company.

ReVeLaTeD
Premium Member
join:2001-11-10
San Diego, CA

ReVeLaTeD to Albert71292

Premium Member

to Albert71292
said by Albert71292:

Don't you need internet for VOIP? If I drop my phone service, I lose my internet from the local provider. Bayou Internet says they can't provide internet without a landline phone number. Switched to Bayou because of no caps. Only other game in town is Comcrap, err, Comcast, and even THEY cap monthly usage, so they aren't an option in my opinion.

Between all the video I watch online and my sons gaming, we'd eat through those caps in no time.

You need a phone line if you persist on keeping DSL. Cable has no such requirement. It sounds like you've sounded off on cable for your own personal reasons though due to a cap that is, as stated, REALLY difficult to exceed.

You need to prioritize. Either you can make phone go away and go Cable, or you worry about caps that really aren't that bad in the grand scheme and stay where you are.
xtachx
join:2005-11-19
canada

xtachx to AnonPerson

to AnonPerson
Bell canada has caps "as high as" 1 GB

tdspringer
@eastlink.ca

tdspringer to Albert71292

Anon

to Albert71292
Seriously? I have Comcast and have for years. There is no cap on my bandwidth.
jeffreydean1
join:2010-05-31

jeffreydean1

Yes there is.