spc
uniqs
nonymous (banned)
join:2003-09-08
Glendale, AZ

1 edit

nonymous (banned) to Taoron

to Taoron

Re: How do I get more than a turtle's pace of upload?

Defending the old technology.

Beyond defending old technolgy I went through I can not remember how many supposed upgrades. First to 1.5 then say 7 then to the now dead VDSL TV/Internet US West service, that did have 1 upload and was much better than plain adls 896. Then upgraded after it died to max 20 896. No faster as dslam did not support it at the time.
I got tired of hearing the excuses. Its the plant, its the technology adsl just can not do it. We can not possibly put in more closer nodes. Poor us we are Ma Bell feel sorry and pay us money.
Now i am sure Cable has its own issues. it just is not magic and have unlimited distance and it takes only one tech to service all of Phoenix.
Cable is not magical and they have restrictions also. Cox did not whine and buried in new plant, put in new nodes. They offered almost traditional pots for awhile in Phoenix before going VOIP like.
It works and speeds rock. No we are sorry cable just can not do that.
Yes Ma Bell had its day. Its over until they actually do something new and competitive. Living in past dreams and excuses adsl has limitations is pathetic.
There is pair bonding and other newer ways of doing it.

retiredqwest
join:2005-04-01
Spokane, WA

retiredqwest

Well I hope you didn't think I was defending DSL...

When someone finally installs an Optical Network Termination at my house that company will be the winner in my opinion. But, I doubt that I will see that in my remaining lifespan.

Using today's technology Cables DOCSIS 3.0 beats VDSL2 in every aspect.