West Linn, OR
CenturyLink DSL Experiment: Abysmal Failure
I moved into the CL family after their acquisition of Qwest by virtue of my land-line phone service. I decided to give their DSL a try since I'm desperate to reduce the recurring high cost of my current Comcast internet.
I dumped the DSL after 2 weeks after I received my first bill.
1) The website is the worst written code of any major corporation. The navigation is bewildering and full of errors. The page loads are impossibly slow. The monthly billing detail is good, but the rest of the website is miserable and embarrassingly poor to try to get information on pricing or features. For some strange reason, I'm forced to enter a complete login TWICE to get to some features.
2) The price that I was supposed to receive for DSL, based on the website offers and bundling with my existing service, was $29.99 for 12 months (it was in my cart). My first bill showed a charge of $54.99.
3) The long term rate for the service was to be $45, confirmed by a Qwest/CL customer service rep prior to placing the DSL order. How does this jive with the $54.99 less a $5 bundling credit on the bill?
4) The rep also told me on the telephone that the ONLY charge I would incur for the DSL modem was $5/month. I was charge $14.95 for it to be shipped to me.
5) My d/l data speed dropped way off during the evening hours, less than 1/3 of the promised speed. I was already aware of the myriad of complaints about bandwidth exhaustion, but I was willing to give my local CO a shot.
The CL customer service reps were very nice in addressing my complaints about the billing gaffs, and confirmed what I should have been charged. They said to never go through the website to initiate new service (indirectly admitting that there are bugs). The reps were also nice when fully crediting my account as I discontinued service within 30 days.
Bottom line: DSL with CL is a risk. Any service with CL is a risk if you order online. Your sanity is at risk if you attempt to do anything productive on the CL website.
"Your sanity is at risk if you attempt to do anything productive on the CL website."
HAHA soo true, want another headache try to call sirius sat radio and cancel, they won't take no for an answer, i went around with them for 2 hrs last night. and my CL DSL that was to be installed last friday.....yahhh nothing yet.
|reply to jmcafee |
Hi jmcafee and civicturbo,
This is Joey with CenturyLink. I'm terribly sorry to read about the trouble both of you have had. If you email us at TalkToUs@CenturyLink.com with your name, account information and details on your issue, we'll be glad to help out. Thanks.
Manager, @CenturyLinkHelp Team