spc

spacer

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

videonerd

join:2007-01-21

Native IPv6 on Juniper SSG5

Hi everyone, I'm an IPv6 n00b.. there, it's out. :) I had native IPv6 running on a Linksys WRT54GL running a modded version of Tomato provided by Teksavvy for their DSL service but now I'm trying to get it working on a Juniper SSG5... because this is a beta service it's YMMV and there's no official support past assigning the addresses.

I've followed the instructions here: »michaeldale.com.au/archive/2010/ ··· er-ssg5/ but no joy. Seems like my Mac and PC both get an IPv6 address from RA but that's as far as I can get. :(

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong and/or guide me in the right direction?

IPv6 assigned by my ISP
IPv4 DHCP
bgroup0 is my trusted zone, ethernet 0/3-6 and wireless0/0

lanbrown

join:2009-04-05
West Bloomfield, MI
From the SSG, can you ping an IPv6 address and get a response? If not, perform a get route, is the default static for IPv6 active? If it isn't you can either try assigning a gateway and/or making that route a static permanent route.

videonerd

Sweet!!! Ok, so I can resolve domains and ping ipv6 sites from the SSG5. Now I'm trying to understand how to get it to my trust-vr.... ergh.

lanbrown

join:2009-04-05
West Bloomfield, MI
They didn't assign you a /64 block? There will be an IPv6 address on the Untrust side and then there will be another (at least as some ISP's plan on assigning more than one /64 per subscriber) /64 block on the Trust side. The Trust and Untrust need to have two different blocks so routing can occur.

videonerd

Yes, I do have a /56 and /64. I've currently gone back to Tomato on the Linksys WRT54GL and I'm IPv6-ing just fine. 10/10 on test-ipv6.com and I get the dancing turtle.... maybe it's meant to be...

cramer
Premium
join:2007-04-10
Raleigh, NC
kudos:9
reply to videonerd
The prefix length for bgroup0 is /56. This must be /64 for SLAAC to function.

If you're using PPPoE (ipv6cp), why are you hardcoding the interface address? Also, if you're getting the lan prefix via dhcp6, why hardcode bgroup0's address? It doesn't look like PPP is providing an IPv6 address. The ISP may require your router use a specific address (::1 maybe) to route your lan side addresses to you.

Look at the configuration of your working linksys router... interface addresses, pppoe setup, and routes.

I'm happy to help, but I have to have the full addresses to ping/traceroute.

(also, "pmtu-v4 disabled" should be enabled or you're very likely to have problems with the v4 internet.)