share rss forum feed

SandShark
Long may you run
Premium,MVM
join:2000-05-23
Santa Fe, TX
kudos:3

Help The Hummingbirds

If you enjoy hummingbirds as much as I do, help them out by putting a feeder or two in your yard.

»www.valleymorningstar.com/articl···ril.html

marti
Color outside the lines
Premium,MVM
join:2001-12-14
Houston, TX
kudos:5
I have a shrub planted for hummingbirds: hummingbird bush (Hamelia patens). I usually have other flowering plants that hummingbirds love, but due to the drought, most of them have either died or not doing too well.
--
Team Discovery

Zach1
Premium
join:2006-11-26
NW Minnesota
reply to SandShark
I've got four feeders and they require refilling at least twice daily. This far north, I still have several stragglers around but the bulk have already begun their migration. In the next week or so, the feeders will be all quiet until next summer. I don't care much for feeding birds but I sure do enjoy Hummingbirds.

marti
Color outside the lines
Premium,MVM
Houston, TX
I feed wild birds and grow flowers and shrubs that the hummingbirds love. Sometimes, I get very interesting wild birds passing though, like the green parrots.
--
Team Discovery

SandShark
Long may you run
Premium,MVM
join:2000-05-23
Santa Fe, TX
kudos:3
I haven't had any green parrots. Mostly bluejays, cardinals and woodpeckers.

marti
Color outside the lines
Premium,MVM
Houston, TX
Steve, I get wild green parrots for a few days each year. Bluejays, cardinals, small brownish birds (don't know their names), red-winged blackbirds, and a few others. Doves and pigeons feed on the food that the others spill onto the ground. Haven't seen a woodpecker around here in a very long time. I have have mockingbirds, but they like to eat cat food!
--
Team Discovery