Ach Du Lieber
Premium,ExMod 2002-05
join:2000-10-05
Seaside, CA
Reviews:
·Suddenlink

3 edits

Underkill?

So last night I finally broke down and bought myself a new DVD Player. Since my Xbox died I've been stuck with only being able to watch over-the-air TV since I cancelled cable, and Netflix streams on my computer.

Actually I was in the market for a cheapo plain jane DVD player, but what I ended up with was the Magnavox Blue-Ray 5130 model, with 1080p upconvert, built in WiFi and Netflix/Vudu/Blockbuster support.

After giving it my network SSID and password, it needed to download a firmware upgrade for the latest version of Netflix.

Couple minutes after that I was watching netflix movies from my instant queue, on my daughters old 13" Hello-Kitty TV using the composite video and left-audio cable.

(holding out on getting a nice new tv until I get a new apartment)

- FM
--
This just in from the department of redundancy department...

brian
Premium
join:2002-05-02
Lake Forest, CA

said by FutureMon:

Couple minutes after that I was watching netflix movies from my instant queue, on my daughters old 13" Hello-Kitty TV using the composite video and left-audio cable.

ha! thanks for the laugh. I needed it today.
--
flickr gallery | photo blog (rarely updated) | play mafia!

FutureMon
Ach Du Lieber
Premium,ExMod 2002-05
Seaside, CA
Reviews:
·Suddenlink

1 recommendation

TheRul
Why Not You?
Premium
join:2007-09-18
Gilroy, CA
kudos:1

1 recommendation

Those who know how to improvise approve of this thread

Boricua
Premium
join:2002-01-26
Sacramuerto
reply to FutureMon

said by FutureMon:

- FM

Ha. My roommates were nice enough to get a hello kitty hand soap dispenser as a joke . I've been using it though .
--
Illegal aliens have always been a problem in the United States. Ask any Indian. Robert Orben

FutureMon
Ach Du Lieber
Premium,ExMod 2002-05
Seaside, CA
Reviews:
·Suddenlink

I actually still have a hello kitty toothbrush holder in the bathroom as well. It doesn't hold the newer toothbrushes very well though (it likes the old style plain rectangular shaped handles)

My daughter had a ton of Hello Kitty stuff (including about 5 DVD's) that she recently got rid of when she moved. I asked her if she wanted the TV and she said no (I guess she's got a better one already at her mom's place)...

Ain't nothing wrong with Hello Kitty - especially when you're an avid Anime collector like myself.

- FM
--

brian
Premium
Lake Forest, CA

my 2.5 year old daughter is wearing hello kitty underwear today.

jig

join:2001-01-05
Hacienda Heights, CA
reply to FutureMon

how much for the purchase, and how dies it compare to just purchasing a PS3?

FutureMon
Ach Du Lieber
Premium,ExMod 2002-05
Seaside, CA

I paid $88 for the magnavox. How much are PS3's going for these days?

- FM
--

jig

join:2001-01-05
Hacienda Heights, CA

more than that (~300?). seems like a good buy.

aztecnology
O Rly?
Premium
join:2003-02-12
Murrieta, CA
reply to FutureMon

said by FutureMon:

How much are PS3's going for these days?

- FM

$249 shipped...
»www.amazon.com/PlayStation-3-160···8&sr=8-1
--
.:|:. aztec being aztec...™

FutureMon
Ach Du Lieber
Premium,ExMod 2002-05
Seaside, CA
Reviews:
·Suddenlink

I'm not much into playing console games these days. My XBox is fried and I've got about two dozen games for it just sitting on the shelf...been contemplating listing them for sale here...

- FM
--

Phil
Rojo Sol
Premium
join:2001-06-11
Downers Grove, IL
kudos:2
reply to FutureMon

ROFL at the Hello Kitty TV. You can go on Craigslist. Nice CRTs are being given away for free if you're looking to upgrade.

brian
Premium
Lake Forest, CA

said by Phil:

ROFL at the Hello Kitty TV. You can go on Craigslist. Nice CRTs are being given away for free if you're looking to upgrade.

That reminds me... we have a 32" CRT that we're going to be wanting to dispose of (either sell for cheap, or donate to charity) soon. Interested FutureMon See Profile?
--
flickr gallery | photo blog (rarely updated) | play mafia!

FutureMon
Ach Du Lieber
Premium,ExMod 2002-05
Seaside, CA
Reviews:
·Suddenlink

I have a 27" in my living room; so I'm not really in the market for another tube TV.

I don't see a need for a real nice TV when I'm gonna end up getting FIOS or something and end up in a 12 month contract when I'm planning on moving in the next couple of months. Just waiting until I get a new apartment.

Thanks for the offer tho!

- FM
--