spc
Search similar:

uniqs

TM
@qwest.net

TM

Anon

Motorola 3347 Modem/Router and NAT TYPE 3 on PS3

I've read a few things on bridging, but I'm having problems with my other router at the moment, is there any way I can get my PS3 to be NAT type 1 or 2 without needing 2 routers?

Read a post from this thread »motorola 3347 and ps3 connection issuses that said

"OK folks here is what I did and it works, getting a NAT type 1. All you have to do is enable Concurrent Bridging/Routing and use PPoE on the PS3. You DO NOT need to use IP passthrough. The PS3 will get it's own IP address from the Qwest server. If you want to stream, go back and do auto setup and you are back on your home network. It's a bit of a pain in the ass, but you need only go PPoE when you play online games."

I've yet to try that, going to wait until the other peeps using the internet go to bed so I don't disturb anyone, that guy said change the modem to bridging mode and turn PPoE on, on the PS3, he didn't say anything about another router.. (but I guess saying "use bridging mode" is self explanatory? I really know nothing about this router business) please help!

adsldude

join:2000-11-10
Colorado

adsldude

The whole NAT Type concept caught my attention. It's a PS3 setting that means:

Nat 1 is a connection straight to internet
Nat 2 is a connection through a router.
Nat 3 is something wrong with your connection. Limited connectivity.