uniqs
Hoss
Sauters A Walrus
join:2000-10-05
Tulsa, OK

1 edit

Hoss

[CATV] Tulsa - appears a Trio update is in the making right now

Ok, I was up late and the TV appeared to go off, then this came up...first time I've ever seen this happen.

After the reboot, I got the Cisco splash screen, then nothing. But the display on the host unit looked like this:

Mike00
Premium Member
join:2002-09-16
Tulsa, OK

Mike00

Premium Member

Re: [CATV] Tulsa - appears a Trio update is in the making right

I thought you gave up on Trio. Be sure to post pics if there is anything noticeably different.

rv65
Premium Member
join:2008-08-02
USA!!!!

rv65

Premium Member

Check the XAIT information in the diag menu for the actual Trio version info.
Hoss
Sauters A Walrus
Tulsa, OK

Hoss to Mike00

to Mike00
said by Mike00:

I thought you gave up on Trio. Be sure to post pics if there is anything noticeably different.

I noticed a new icon on the IPG detail (in addition to things like "NEW" and "HD") that I'm uncertain of. I'll take another photo when I go home for lunch and maybe someone will know what it is.
cableok
join:2001-12-04
Tulsa, OK

cableok

The new code improves the funcitionality of trick modes for client boxes. Also, it sets platform for remote DVR functionality (already available on ROVI, but new to TRIO) to be launched later in September.
Hoss
Sauters A Walrus
Tulsa, OK

Hoss

OK, then what is this?:

Hoss

Hoss to cableok

to cableok
said by cableok:

The new code improves the funcitionality of trick modes for client boxes. Also, it sets platform for remote DVR functionality (already available on ROVI, but new to TRIO) to be launched later in September.

Are you talking about the iPhone/Android apps ability to set recordings remotely? September you say? Good. That (and other things) have almost been the dealbreaker for me lately.

BryanInPHX
Premium Member
join:2001-03-06
Phoenix, AZ

BryanInPHX to Hoss

Premium Member

to Hoss
said by Hoss:

OK, then what is this?:

My guess would be a funky closed caption indicator.
Hoss
Sauters A Walrus
Tulsa, OK

Hoss

said by BryanInPHX:

said by Hoss:

OK, then what is this?:

My guess would be a funky closed caption indicator.

Have a hard time believing that given that it also appears on the music channels. And pretty much every other channel/show on the guide.
Hoss

Hoss to cableok

to cableok
said by cableok:

Can you explain to me 'trick modes for client boxes'?
cableok
join:2001-12-04
Tulsa, OK

cableok

Trick modes are play, pause, fast-forward, and rewind. The client set-top had an issue with trick modes that sometimes caused them to jump several seconds. This has been corrected with the new code.
Hoss
Sauters A Walrus
Tulsa, OK

Hoss

said by cableok:

Trick modes are play, pause, fast-forward, and rewind. The client set-top had an issue with trick modes that sometimes caused them to jump several seconds. This has been corrected with the new code.

Thanks. Now, any idea about this new icon in the guide?