All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
bakaberg
join:2011-08-30

bakaberg

[Simi Valley] Need an ISP for a small Church / School

Hello, I'm in need of an ISP for a small church in Simi Valley. The church runs a small k-12 school as well and they will be the primary users. I was wondering if someone with a similar experience could answer some questions for me.

1) Can I get residential service for a church or small school? I don't need a fixed IP or guaranteed bandwidth so I don't really want to pay the extra cost for it.
2) If I cannot get residential service can anyone recommend a good ISP for the area that would provide service to a church?

Sorry, I tried searching google and all I got was ISPs for Church Hill, TN.

Thanks very much for your answers, it saves me a ton of time spent listening to smooth jazz on hold

Address for the church is:

6701 Santa Susana Pass Road
Simi Valley, CA 93063

spg6
Grrrr
join:2001-10-31
NOT Texas!

spg6

I don't have THE answer, but generally churches are treated the same as a commercial entity.

aztecnology
O Rly?
Premium Member
join:2003-02-12
Murrieta, CA

aztecnology to bakaberg

Premium Member

to bakaberg
»www.google.com/search?cl ··· &bih=646

LBDSL
Lightning Bolt
join:2002-01-07
Auburn Hills, MI

LBDSL to bakaberg

to bakaberg
I agree, Church's/schools will be treated as a commercial location.

I also tested your location, and you are almost 28,000 wire feet from the CO, so I doubt you will find any DSL options. However if you want, PM me a phone number at that location, and I will see if you are serviced off of a RT (Remote Terminal)

We can do T1's, and Bonded T1's if you are interested.

stormbow
Freedom isn't FREE
Premium Member
join:2002-07-31
Simi Valley, CA

stormbow to bakaberg

Premium Member

to bakaberg
In Simi, your 2 real choices are AT&T for DSL or U-verse or Time Warner Cable. It sounds as if you are too far for AT&T. Can you get cable tv at the church?
bakaberg
join:2011-08-30

bakaberg

Thanks very much for the help! Looking like I'm stuck with business cable from Time Warner which is still better than the 4 verizon air cards we're using right now...

Thanks again!

stormbow
Freedom isn't FREE
Premium Member
join:2002-07-31
Simi Valley, CA

stormbow to bakaberg

Premium Member

to bakaberg
Are you in Tennessee? If so, do you have someone local that is IT knowledgeable to set things up? Also, are the K-12 kiddies going to have internet access. Again, if so, do you have plans for filtering objectionable content?