Search similar:

uniqs

diehardspeed
Premium Member
join:2003-05-14
Salt Lake City, UT

diehardspeed

Premium Member

[Fiber Pics] Long Time Utopia users get the shaft!

Well the letter finally came today stating that next month my service provider will be changing to Veracity. As my old thread is too old to respond to I started this new one to see if anyone knew anything else about the provider change. »UTOPIA - Info on Veracity or Connected Lyfe

What really bugs me is they don't even appear to try and match the price I signed on for!

Currently I have been paying $51.90/mo for 50/50Mbps
They are going to start charging me $72.98/mo for the same 50/50Mbps connection!

This is really frustrating!! Is there any way to dispute the cost change? Ill come back once I have calmed down a bit!
diehardspeed

diehardspeed

Premium Member

Having this conversation in multiple places is confusing so I will just post the same info I did on Facebook the other day.
quote:
I just called Veracity Networks and was told that I could not qualify for the online packages if I was going to be “grandfathered” in becoming there customer. Then I said, "Fine, I want to change providers today before I get screwed over and have to pay more to get nothing more." I was then told that was not possible either because I would have to cancel with MSTAR/Prime Time which can't be done because they are not taking calls. What kind of BS lame cop-out is that! Ugg!! So frustrating! Who wants to be “grandfathered” into a plan that is worse than a new one?! For that matter how can you call it a “grandfathered” account when they are not even attempting to match what we had before? Come on UTOPIA! Where we not to show everyone how to do a fiber network right?!
Here is the actual post if you want to see what else was said on Facebook.
»www.facebook.com/freeuto ··· 05385329
cylus
join:2003-05-31
Salt Lake City, UT

cylus

I'm in the same situation. Received the letter from Veracity but no bill yet. I kept sending money to PrimeTime every month and was very happy with the internet only service. I'm almost afraid to call Veracity. My service was bumped up to 50/50 for the basic Mstar price (many years ago), and I'm sure I'll end up with a lower speed and higher price. Bummer..

Sumofiber might be an alternative, but they appear to be brand new.

diehardspeed
Premium Member
join:2003-05-14
Salt Lake City, UT

diehardspeed

Premium Member

Well I just got my bill and the new monthly price is $73.28.

They also included a $6.68 late fee which I have tried for months to get MSTAR/PrimeTime to take off as I never paid anything late!

All I know is I never agreed to pay more! And the fact I still have not heard back from Veracity doesn't really sell there "Customer Support" they seem to think is worth $20 more a month to have...

They should at least honor their bundle price and give me a phone line for the $69.99/mo they want to charge for my 50/50! »residential.veracitynetw ··· ite.html
diehardspeed

diehardspeed

Premium Member

Just wanted to follow up and let you know I went with a new provider.

Love my new 100/100Mbps connection!

Sumo Fiber! »www.sumofiber.com/index.html

They are what UTOPIA has needed for a while!

sumofiber
@comcast.net

sumofiber

Anon

the promo code "facebook" is only good until the end of this month.
100/100 for $50

slc869
@myvzw.com

slc869 to diehardspeed

Anon

to diehardspeed
Wish I could get utopia fiber at my homes in Sandy or Draper. Stuck on Crapcast and paying through the roof for comparably slow internet.