vaxvms
ferroequine fan
Premium
join:2005-03-01
Wormtown
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Charter

[All] Get Ready for a Wet, Wild Winter in 2012!

The Farmers' Almanac sez
A very active storm track will bring much heavier-than-normal precipitation from the Southern Plains through Tennessee into Ohio, the Great Lakes, and the Northeast....during February, some potent East Coast storms could leave heavy snow, albeit of a wet and slushy consistency.

Click to see the map
--
Don't let people drive you crazy when you know it's in walking distance.

HenryFarpolo
Premium
join:2003-08-31
Andover, MA

Thanks vax, something to look forward to.

Spork35

join:2011-07-13
Methuen, MA
reply to vaxvms

Our brand new Ariens Deluxe 28" snow blower arrived Friday last week. It should mow threw the snow super fast compared to the Toro single stage electric thing and shovels we used last year. I got the Deluxe model over the standard for the extra HP for wet snow. I want to make sure if we get 2-3 feet of wet snow it can clear it with ease! We shall see soon enough.

capecoddah

join:2005-03-18
Yarmouth Port, MA
kudos:1
reply to vaxvms

Sign me up for the Sucker for Punishment Brigade!

Remember: It Never Snows on Cape Cod!

HenryFarpolo
Premium
join:2003-08-31
Andover, MA
reply to Spork35

said by Spork35:

Our brand new Ariens Deluxe 28" snow blower arrived Friday last week. It should mow threw the snow super fast compared to the Toro single stage electric thing and shovels we used last year. I got the Deluxe model over the standard for the extra HP for wet snow. I want to make sure if we get 2-3 feet of wet snow it can clear it with ease! We shall see soon enough.

Sorry, but I hope your brand new Ariens deluxe 28" snow blower collects a lot of dust this winter.

The fun of the new toy wears off after the first big storm.

Spork35

join:2011-07-13
Methuen, MA

said by HenryFarpolo:

Sorry, but I hope your brand new Ariens deluxe 28" snow blower collects a lot of dust this winter.

Me too!

said by HenryFarpolo:

The fun of the new toy wears off after the first big storm.

Compared to an electric snow blower and shovels it will be 'fun'. The dog will also be a nut case and chase/play in the falling snow from the shoot which is a blast to watch. The electric didn't throw it well or far but this new one should do great.

capecoddah

join:2005-03-18
Yarmouth Port, MA
kudos:1
reply to vaxvms

Keep the dog away from the front Beany, it could be tragic unless video upload. A big truck with a plow. That's what I'll be calling.

Proof Winter is coming?