spc
Search similar:

uniqs
StLCardsFan
join:2011-06-06
Lafayette, LA

StLCardsFan to lordpuffer

to lordpuffer

Re: What Is Your Opinion Of The 50mbps Service?

said by lordpuffer:

I decided that I'm going to stick with what I have. Even 100GB is going to limit my Roku usage. Thanks.

wow 100gb cap on cable? Are you serious? Whats the point? And i read that 100gb is only with bundled service heh. A few big windows updates, a map pack or 2 on any game, and basic netflix / roku usage and youre done.

Honestly .. to me that isn't even worth having. Id prefer to move.

maxell91
@cableone.net

maxell91 to BLITTZIN

Anon

to BLITTZIN
Pretty much same Cableone experience here. The connection drops way too often. At one point a few weeks ago it would drop several times an hour. Cableone finally admitted fault due to hardware failure on their end and now it's better... but still drops several times a week sometimes for an hour or more.

Funny thing is I had their 3 meg service for years that ran near perfect. The connection was always up. The problems all started switching to 50 meg and phone.

When you contact their CS it's one "folly" after another. I went to the local office a few weeks ago to switch out boxes and cancel a few channels to save money. I asked the rep at least twice if she had taken the channels off our account and she affirmed. We were still receiving these channels two weeks later. I called the office and another CS rep said the channels were never taken off and they refused to issue credit for that period.

Every issue with them is like this. Why can't they get stuff right the first time?
BLITTZIN
join:2011-10-23
Sherman, TX

BLITTZIN

The last line tech's excuse was "we're doing voip, it's system wide." No it's not because my nephew's internet, same package is fine. He lives in a decent neighborhood. I also got every packet goes through Atlanta first now then to the destination and back to your pc. I've had a couple of them sit in my living room floor and stick attenuators on the line, and not one has hooked his laptop to the main tap outside like they're supposed to. Like I was saying they know they're the only game in town. P.S. He was probably showing me a saved logfile from a subscriber who has perfect qos and good lines.

maxell91
@cableone.net

maxell91

Anon

Well... hopefully I made some progress on my recurring network problems with Cableone today. The modem has been rebooting itself 6 to 8 times an hour since this morning. I finally gave up and called Cableone tech support. They dispatched a tech earlier this evening and he spent a good hour checking signal levels. Luckily the modem rebooted several times while he was here, so he knew I wasn't lying. He finally determined something was amiss at the cable box mounted outside. He fixed it and kept monitoring signal levels for the next half hour or so and found them to be good and stable.

Got to give Cableone credit for sending a tech out on Thanksgiving and he was a nice, caring guy. Best Cableone tech I've ran into yet.

In regards to the reliability issue... I'm not holding my breath just yet. We shall see how it goes over the next few days.
BLITTZIN
Sherman, TX

BLITTZIN

I had the same kind of drops Friday. I watched one of the better techs replace my lines. I told them I'm done having line techs come out here I have to set a half day aside everytime I need help. I'm going to buy my own modem it'll cut 100 dollars of my 2 yr agreement, and if that doesn't fix it I told the woman at my local office I'm gonna buy out for around 500 dollars. The 2 yrs cable and internet is about 2,500. Maybe that will get their attention. I'm simply being throttled or on a really saturated node. I'm glad they helped you. some of the guys who work there really are nice guys. I wish I could get fios. It's better no pipeline connection like cable. I liked having my own line nobody else saturating it. Happy Holidays.

maxell91
@cableone.net

maxell91

Anon

Happy Holidays to you too!

The tech that came out Thanksgiving just might have had some success. Our network connection hasn't went down since. He said the cable box outside had an old splitter that was failing. Still too early for me to conclude it's "fixed"... but we're on the right path.

I sure would hate having to "pay up" to get out of the contract. Hopefully you can get things sorted out before that point.
BLITTZIN
Sherman, TX

BLITTZIN

I hate to go to extremes but, I might have to. They aren't going to fix this. Each tech acts "rogue" if you get a good one he'll try and if you get one that doesn't they'll bs you, a lot like nobody is holding him accountable or they just don't care. Lines are pretty much new and I just believe that I'm on a saturated node. No competition. It's almost like racism. My moms house was in a low income area. I know that it's NOT system-wide, and my nephew gets pretty good bandwidth etc..... Verizon did an account name change I had 7 megs up and they "had to turn the phone and internet off for 3 day." When I talked to them suddenly the only speed available for this line was 1 meg. A customer rep told me plainly that they will lie to you. And he was right they did. That's how I ended up going to cable one. Sad to be a good person and work for companies that break the golden rule. Shameful to not have any recourse. Peace always......
BLITTZIN

BLITTZIN to maxell91

to maxell91
Click for full size
Holy cr4p! Look at this. Here's a screen from my ongoing smokeping from this website. 90 percent plus packet loss and 3 to 5 ms ping? How weird is the ping time to you? A ping to Los Angeles is on average 40 to 45 ms's. What the h*ll is goin' on? LMAO. Just thought I'd show ya how ridiculous this has become. Peace always..........

maxell91
@cableone.net

maxell91 to BLITTZIN

Anon

to BLITTZIN
Here's an update. It's been exactly one week tonight since the C1 tech came out on Thanksgiving to fix our recurring network problems. I'm now convinced that tech knew exactly what he was doing since we have experienced zero problems since. The network connection has been up 100%. It has never ran a week straight without downtime. It's almost like receiving an early Christmas present.

I'm confident things are now fixed with C1 on my end. I gave it a week to "prove" itself... and it has passed the test.
BLITTZIN
Sherman, TX

BLITTZIN

Glad to hear it. Mine is hit and miss. At least now I sometimes fall to 20 percent packet loss. Biding my time until maybe fios, or cable1 competitions comes along. Happy holidays......