uniqs
share rss forum feed

viperlmw
Premium
join:2005-01-25
reply to CXMNYC

Re: Making unions illegal would solve many problems

said by CXMNYC:

Let's see, what is the sole purpose of a corporation? To make money, profit plain and simple, nothing else. If you find anything else a corporation exists for I'd love to know. What is a union's purpose for existing? To increase the standard of living of its member and to increase its membership. You wish to ban the unions and through yourself into being a wage slave for a corporation. I can tell you don't have a union job because you believe union workers don't work. I currently work a union job in the communications industry and me and my fellow union employees bust our asses! Outside in all manner of weather. As an individual I stand no chance against a 100 billion dollar corporation with army's of lawyers and accounts trying to get my labor for the least amount of money and benefits. Together as a union we get good wages and benefits. Corporations are not benevolent entities. If a corporation could make a profit from putting a child to work in a coal mine for 14 hours a day, they would. How do we know this? Because they have in the past. If there weren't laws against it they would do it now.

QFT

CXMNYC

join:2011-08-30
New York, NY
Make me, wage slave. Bet you're an IT drone who hasn't the fortitude to stand and fight for better working conditions.

quantitious

@gatech.edu
You *do* know "QFT" means "quote for truth" right? Great way to thank someone who's agreeing with you.

CXMNYC

join:2011-08-30
New York, NY
I learn something new everyday. Yes I feel great shame. I take back all the things I said about IT guys.