Big Russ, 1918 to 2008. Rest in Peace
join:2004-08-07
New York, NY

wifi4milez to ITALIAN926

to ITALIAN926

Re: Making unions illegal would solve many problems

said by ITALIAN926:

Yea, tell me the tech that installed your FiOS DIDNT WORK that day... sigh

Sure he worked that day, and he also gave me an install window of 9am to 6pm. Classic union garbage as it allows the people to do one or two jobs and then sleep in their van the rest of the day. The biggest difference between union and private sector is that with the private sector there is an expectation of performance. I work in the telecom industry, and all of our non union employees are prompt and show up at a very specific time. If they are running late due to a previous job then they (I hope you are sitting down for this one) actually call and let us know!

ITALIAN926
join:2003-08-16

ITALIAN926

HE didnt give u a 9-6 window, MANAGEMENT did... and in NY its an 8-5p window for all day appt's . And a little FYI, 8-12 and 1-5p windows are also available. Verizon techs also call ahead to their jobs, so your entire paragraph is a load of ____ , INCLUDING your asinine statement that techs sleep in their trucks all day.

wifi4milez
New York, NY

wifi4milez

said by ITALIAN926:

HE didnt give u a 9-6 window, MANAGEMENT did... and in NY its an 8-5p window for all day appt's

1) You are absolutely right, UNION management gave that time slot. Corruption starts at the top my friend, and the higher up in the union you go the worse it gets.

2) Fine, the window is 8 to 5 instead of 9 to 6. Obviously based on that egregious error my entire argument falls apart!

ITALIAN926

ITALIAN926

No the argument falls apart where you think there is "union management "

No such thing my friend. The managers are not union in any way shape or form.

wifi4milez
New York, NY

wifi4milez

said by ITALIAN926:

No the argument falls apart where you think there is "union management "

Thats pretty funny. So you are actually attempting to argue that the union has no internal structure? Are you also suggesting Jimmy Hoffa was a regular "Joe" who just happened to get whacked? I think his whole life is a good representation of what 'most' unions are; and that is criminal organizations who extort funds from everyone around them.

ITALIAN926

1 edit

ITALIAN926

Listen, you are so ANTI-UNION , youre comments arent even making sense anymore. Listen very carefully.... THERE IS NO UNION MANAGEMENT AT VERIZON. The first level managers, all the way up to the CEO is NOT UNION. These are the people who decide to give you a "9 to 6 window"

Are we clear now?

.. and now that we're clear, if you worked for Verizon in a union position, you would be completely pro-union. You sure as hell wouldnt be raising your hand to give up benefits and wages. I dont care what you actually do, all Im saying is, for you , " The Grass is always browner....

wifi4milez
New York, NY

wifi4milez

said by ITALIAN926:

THERE IS NO UNION MANAGEMENT AT VERIZON.

I never brought up Verizon in particular, nor do I care to discuss their internal management structure. It is all totally irrelevant to this discussion.
said by ITALIAN926:

if you worked for Verizon in a union position, you would be completely pro-union.

If I was a union member it is pretty obvious that we would not be having this debate right now, regardless of which company employs me. I fundamentally disagree with the strong arm tactics most unions employ in order to deliver sub par services. I think that every person should be judged equally based on the merits of their working ability. Is that such a foreign concept to you? If anything, I probably more firmly believe in the values of equality and equal competition that the union "claims" to hold dear.