wifi4milez
Big Russ, 1918 to 2008. Rest in Peace
join:2004-08-07
New York, NY

wifi4milez to CXMNYC

to CXMNYC

Re: Making unions illegal would solve many problems

said by CXMNYC:

Until I was hired I wasn't in the union!!

Wow, what an amazing revelation. So you are telling me you werent born a fully fledged union member?

Obviously everyone in the union joined at some point. You took a job that required union membership, and thus you became one. What point are you trying to make?
CXMNYC
join:2011-08-30
New York, NY

CXMNYC

The point I made was to refute your mistaken belief that the job I competed for was simply a competition among union members. You seemed to believe that all other applicants couldn't have that job. The competion was open to all. Only after you "won" the job did union membersship become possible. Which puts your contention that somehow I was competing in a pool of only union workers for this job to rest, where it belongs.

wifi4milez
Big Russ, 1918 to 2008. Rest in Peace
join:2004-08-07
New York, NY

wifi4milez

said by CXMNYC:

The point I made was to refute your mistaken belief that the job I competed for was simply a competition among union members.

I am really mistaken? Did you have the option of keeping your current position and not joining the union? If so you are very unique, as most union dominated positions require membership as part of the job.
CXMNYC
join:2011-08-30
New York, NY

CXMNYC

I did not and do not have to belong to the union to get or keep my job. I would save about 75 percent on dues by not joining. The 25 percent that goes toward collective bargaining would have to be paid, as I would get the same contract as the union members get.