join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30

1 edit

Doctor Olds to junk4u

Premium Member

to junk4u

Re: [Services] Earthlink News

said by junk4u:

I am posting a chat I had with a customer rep with earthlink. Chances are they will limit the bandwidth just like the Global Monopoly player AT&T

Michael S.: Thank you for contacting EarthLink Live Sales Chat. To help us improve your customer experience please fill out the survey that will appear after this chat has closed. Good-bye and have a great day!
Chat InformationThis Sales chat session has ended. If you would like to start a new Sales chat please click the chat link any time from 6:00am to 1:00am EST. Thank you.

Live Sales Chat is not really a reliable place to get Policy and/or Terms information. A wild guess is the best you will get that way.

Plus you are incorrect about a major fact as AT&T is but only one of four providers of DSL that Earthlink actually resells. There is Covad (that's what I have with Earthlink) and there is Verizon, and there is Qwest and they don't have caps on their DSL like AT&T. Earthlink doesn't have to follow the same practices that AT&T sets.

fivebyfive
join:2006-11-26
Morgan Hill, CA

fivebyfive

said by Doctor Olds:

Plus you are incorrect about a major fact as AT&T is but only one of four providers of DSL that Earthlink actually resells. There is Covad (that's what I have with Earthlink) and there is Verizon, and there is Qwest and they don't have caps on their DSL like AT&T. Earthlink doesn't have to follow the same practices that AT&T sets.

EarthLink started me on DSL with provisioning by Covad a few years ago, but I was surprised to learn that I'm now provisioned by my CLEC, Verizon. The change was made silently, without notifying users, as far as I know.

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium Member
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30

Doctor Olds

Premium Member

said by fivebyfive:

EarthLink started me on DSL with provisioning by Covad a few years ago, but I was surprised to learn that I'm now provisioned by my CLEC, Verizon. The change was made silently, without notifying users, as far as I know.

That is called a migration and they move blocks of subscribers back and/or forth depending on per line costs.