spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Villagorilla
@verizon.net

Villagorilla

Anon

[Internet] Brighthouse Internet got cable modem with integrated

With my internet install I got a Netgear CGD24G cable modem / router installed. As I want to use my own router this device is crap as you cannot disable NAT. So I have NAT behind NAT which does not work correctly (even with DMZ to my router).

In the past Brighthouse just installed a modem which delivered the external IP to my router. The installer did not even have a clue what NAT means, the technician was also not very helpful.

Anybody has an idea how to get a pure cable modem? This Netgear device is the biggest crap on earth...

Thanks Villa
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

1 edit

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

Re: [Internet] Brighthouse Internet got cable modem with integra

Sure where you located?

Villagorilla
@verizon.net

Villagorilla

Anon

Bradenton (Tampa) Area
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

1 edit

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

Msg me when you get a moment... I am assuming that you didn't subscribe to wireless service, the tech just installed the wireless gateway on his own correct? It's not a big deal but it helps me understand the nature of your install. In the meantime pop me a PM here.

Villagorilla
@verizon.net

Villagorilla

Anon

Yes, it's a wireless device. He claimed not to have any of the old modems. Let me know what's the best to do.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

1 edit

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

Register here and send me a PM or feel free to call and ask for a PC Tech to come swap out your gateway for a standalone modem...make sure it's put into the notes on the work order OR you can take the gateway to your local office and swap it out. Whatever works for you...

CptGemini
Inside your computer
Premium Member
join:2004-11-29
Corpus Christi, TX

CptGemini to Villagorilla

Premium Member

to Villagorilla
If he didnt know what NAT means that sounds like it was just a line technician. Those kind of installers/techs don't usually have much knowledge of computers and networking, I have had the same thing happen here with my RR connection a while back. I mentioned something technical and he looked at me like wtf are you talking about.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by CptGemini:

If he didnt know what NAT means that sounds like it was just a line technician. Those kind of installers/techs don't usually have much knowledge of computers and networking, I have had the same thing happen here with my RR connection a while back. I mentioned something technical and he looked at me like wtf are you talking about.

Don't fool yourself CptGemini, I know lots of network folks who wouldn't know the difference between NAT and a GNAT