Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Os

join:2011-01-26
US
reply to jrble819

Re: ABB Adds Express and Unleashed Tiers

So they can collect the installation fee, of course.

EnerJi

join:2011-02-19
Miami Beach, FL
reply to Os

There's definite congestion--my speedtest just now (at 10:30PM on a Sunday) was for 5 Mb down and 1 Mb up. A speedtest performed during the day on Friday hit 13 Mb down and a little over 1 Mb up.

Sunday evening is considered a "peak" time for broadband usage. Does anyone else experience similar slow downs at peak times?

jrble819

join:2010-01-22
Cumberland, MD
reply to Os

They don't charge anything for it. The modem rental must cover it. At least they have yet to charge us any installation fees. It has to be something else.

neadysamurai

join:2012-02-03
Smock, PA
reply to Os

I upgraded to the triple play package with atlantic broadband and it comes with the unleashed internet does that mean im getting a new modem and the 40 mbs internet?

Os

US
Reviews:
·Comcast

Yes, you're getting 40. Do a speedtest to check and see if you're getting what you should be.

I did not know it was available in Uniontown yet. This means we're probably next on the list.

Triple play packages in Altoona/Johnstown that had the 10/1 before now have 20/2 and those with the MegaMax 15/1.5 now have the 40/3.

neadysamurai

join:2012-02-03
Smock, PA

1 edit

I had to buy a new router and over wireless im still getting 20 mbs but connected straight to the modem i get 40mbs so i think i need to configure somthing for it to work. I got the netgear 600 the lady said would work.
So without the router i can get 40 mbs speed but connect the router which is suppose to work great for this this im still getting 20mbs on speedtest and on ps3 speedtest.

Davidr627

join:2010-12-29
reply to Os

I called customer service today 2/24. Unleashed will be available at the end of March in Grasonville MD.

Os

US
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Os

ABB has a new billboard here in Cumberland saying that you can "Rule the Web" with speeds 25x faster than DSL.

Since Verizon's max offering here is 3 Mbps, that to me would be 75 Mbps. And ABB isn't offering that anywhere.

They used to offer a 768 Kbps tier at Verizon (I had it), and even at that, you'd have 20 Mbps or so, faster than MegaMax.

This tells me D3 has to be coming very soon here.

F34R

join:2007-10-29
reply to Os

Any chance anyone knows what's going on as far as speed upgrades for Barnwell, SC?

jrble819

join:2010-01-22
Cumberland, MD
reply to Os

Just talked to a tech on the phone and she said that the scheduled date is June 5th for the rollout of Express and Unleashed in Cumberland. So, about a week in advance, we should all be able to start getting our modems upgraded.

Os

US

Will Express be 20/2 or 30/3 here? Will Unleashed be 40/3 or 75/5?

Also, any news on the TV side about more HD channels or a digital conversion?

Bmac1024

join:2011-11-09
Cumberland, MD

Tech was at my house today and he told me the highest that cumberland will have is 40mb

Expand your moderator at work

ABBDan

join:2012-04-10
reply to neadysamurai

Re: ABB Adds Express and Unleashed Tiers

The N600 supports transmitting these speeds wirelessly over N - is your adapter N as well? If you've got any devices that are connected with G, all devices will be slowed to 20.