spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Lyuben
join:2011-09-06
N11 3PD

Lyuben

[Serious] Broadband drops every half hour

My broadband connection drops every half hour like clockwork. I can look at the clock on my PC and predict within a few seconds as to when it happens every half hour.

This has been happening since I got my BT infinite installed 11 days ago. Initially customer service blamed a training line. But this only lasts for 10 days and it still happens like normal on the 11th. They then suggested my BT home hub was defective. So I had it replaced. Still the problem persists.
I also reset the Homehub to factory settings on two different occasions and again, no changes.

I am seriously getting pissed here. What is causing this problem? How do I fix it? Should I switch ISP?

Soho97UK
Premium Member
join:2004-08-18
UK

Soho97UK

Premium Member

I'm afraid I can't be of much help other than to suggest other forums. Try these -

»forum.kitz.co.uk/

»forums.thinkbroadband.com/

Pjr
Don't Panic
join:2005-12-11
UK

Pjr to Lyuben

to Lyuben
Do you have any other equipment connected to the phone line?
Have you connected a phone to the home hub? Does it still happen with the phone removed?
Is the connection from the PC to the home hub by wireless or ethernet? Does it still happen if you change from wireless to ethernet or vice versa?

I don't really know what's happening but I would suspect it's something at your end interfering if the connection drops so predictably.

wonko3fc
Verbum sat sapienti
join:2001-06-02
UK

wonko3fc to Lyuben

to Lyuben
Being regular, suggests some sort of timing limit. I've seen routers that have timeout settings maybe there is one somewhere buried deep in the set-up of the router (BT Home Hub) I don't know.
However, sounds to me like you best option is to go back to BT for assistance on this as if nothing else, you are paying for a service that isn't being provided and not only is that wrong, but a tadge illegal as well.