Inside your computer
Premium Member
join:2004-11-29
Corpus Christi, TX

CptGemini to gdm

Premium Member

to gdm

Re: Talking and surfing the internet at the same time

I can talk on my samsung vibrant (3G version) and surf the web at the same time. But I usually have no need to do it anyway. Of course I have it rooted and rommed.

gdm
MVM
join:2001-06-15
Mchenry, IL

1 edit

gdm

MVM

It can't be done. Just search the net here is an article discussing it »gigaom.com/mobile/how-ve ··· nd-data/ this is before everyone knew what Verizon would do with the 4G phones. Which ended up being 2 radios as I stated.

Down the road they could move to LTE for voice as well which would allow simultaneous voice and data. Verizon has stated they won't do that anytime soon till the LTE voice side can be as clear as the CDMA.

You can talk and surf with a 3G phone if you have wifi enabled and are connected to the internet that way.

Another article describing »www.tested.com/news/cdma ··· or/1630/
billydunwood
join:2008-04-23
united state

billydunwood

said by gdm:

It can't be done. Just search the net here is an article discussing it »gigaom.com/mobile/how-ve ··· nd-data/ this is before everyone knew what Verizon would do with the 4G phones. Which ended up being 2 radios as I stated.

Down the road they could move to LTE for voice as well which would allow simultaneous voice and data. Verizon has stated they won't do that anytime soon till the LTE voice side can be as clear as the CDMA.

You can talk and surf with a 3G phone if you have wifi enabled and are connected to the internet that way.

Another article describing »www.tested.com/news/cdma ··· or/1630/

Are you saying we are lying? A Lg Vortex is not 4g capable at all. I tried talking and surfing with wifi in my home, and it worked. I also tried it on 3g coverage with wifi disabled, and it still worked.
zeddlar
join:2007-04-09
Jay, OK

zeddlar

You can call me a lier all you want and say it isn't possible but I can still do it no matter what you say and thats what I care about. Actually I don't care either way as I could just as easily live without the possibility but I can do it and have done it. I dunno how it works, I do know voice is on one frequency and data on the other and maybe that has something to do with it but it works. My phone is also rooted and I have satellite internet so as far as wifi is concerned it is my computer that runs off of my phones wifi when I use wifi, not my phone on my computers wifi, lol.
zeddlar

zeddlar to billydunwood

to billydunwood
You can call me a lier all you want and say it isn't possible but I can still do it no matter what you say and thats what I care about. Actually I don't care either way as I could just as easily live without the possibility but I can do it and have done it. I dunno how it works, I do know voice is on one frequency and data on the other and maybe that has something to do with it but it works. My phone is also rooted and I have satellite internet so as far as wifi is concerned it is my computer that runs off of my phones wifi when I use wifi, not my phone on my computers wifi, lol. looked something up just the other day for a friend while I was talking to her. BTW I have also talked on my phone while wirelessly tethered to my computer and surfin the internet at the same time. It doesn't even seem to slow down my connection, let alone kill it.
billydunwood
join:2008-04-23
united state

billydunwood

said by zeddlar:

You can call me a lier all you want and say it isn't possible but I can still do it no matter what you say and thats what I care about. Actually I don't care either way as I could just as easily live without the possibility but I can do it and have done it. I dunno how it works, I do know voice is on one frequency and data on the other and maybe that has something to do with it but it works. My phone is also rooted and I have satellite internet so as far as wifi is concerned it is my computer that runs off of my phones wifi when I use wifi, not my phone on my computers wifi, lol. looked something up just the other day for a friend while I was talking to her. BTW I have also talked on my phone while wirelessly tethered to my computer and surfin the internet at the same time. It doesn't even seem to slow down my connection, let alone kill it.

This is what Im saying. You and I can both do it, so if GDM is doubting us, he can do that. I know I can do it, and so can you, so we can both talk and surf at the same time
banner
Premium Member
join:2003-11-07
Long Beach, CA

banner

Premium Member

said by billydunwood:

said by zeddlar:

This is what Im saying. You and I can both do it, so if GDM is doubting us, he can do that. I know I can do it, and so can you, so we can both talk and surf at the same time

They said it couldn't be done, but I have no pics, videos or links that demonstrate me talking and surfing on my Thunerbolt in a 3g area so concede due to a preponderance of evidence.

okay
@supervalu.com

okay

Anon

4G phones have SVDO (simultaneous voice and data) because the voice is actually using a 3G radio and the data is using the 4G LTE radio.

Of the 4G based phones, the Thunderbolt is the only device that I am aware of that can do SVDO over 3G. This is because the Thunderbolt has two 3G radios. Hence, one 3G radio can do voice, and the other 3G radio data.

Unless the Verizon phone has two 3G radios, it should not be possible. I thought the Thunderbolt was the only phone that could do SVDO over 3G because of the dual 3G radio. Folks here seem to be reporting however that other 3G "only" phones can. Again, this puzzles me as I thought the Thunderbolt was the only dual 3G radio equipped device.